New Member-- Need Advice on First Expensive Set of Headphones
Aug 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

KrabbyKakes

New Head-Fier
OK, let me start out by saying if you don't want to hear the story, then skip to the second paragraph.

I purchased my first set of quality headphones back in February. They were a set of Ultimate Ears UE700. Well, about a week ago I worked out in them and some sweat got in. I sent them in because the audio was muffled and wouldn't return to normal quality. So, after my dad sent some emails to Logitech, they sent us a UPS sticker so we could send them my broken headphones and they could send us a replacement. About a week went buy and the UPS truck finally arrived. When I opened up the box, I got a big surprise. A brand new box of UE900s was laying there. It turns out Logitech stopped making my model so they upgraded me (Great customer service). I actually made a profit of $300 because I only spent $90 on them. Anyway, I wanted to sell these because I wanted to get a set of over ear headphones at that price. It seems that $400 for a set of IEMs is a little much and there are plenty of premium headphones for around $300. I found some that I like, the only problem is that I don't have anywhere to try them out. That is where you guys come in.

I listen to pretty much every genre and I normally listen at an average volume (A little less than halfway on an iPod). I know that active noise cancelling seems to be frowned upon here but I weighed the pros and cons and I am OK with less audio quality. I also know that a portable amp makes music sound a lot better but I don't want one right now. Anyway, here they are.

1) Harman Kardon NC - My concern is that the carrying case is just leather. It doesn't seem very protective.

2) AKG K495 - These are over ear and I wanted to know the sound leakage and how well the noise isolation and cancellation are compared to circumaural headphones.

3) Sennhieser Momentum(s) - I have heard that the Momentums are the over ear models but I have seen them labeled as on ear and the Momentum labeled as over ear.

4) PSB M4U 1-  I like how these look and especially that they fold up but I was unsure if the hinges would break easily.

5) Parrot ZIKS - I like that these are Bluetooth and NC but I have had problems with Bluetooth headphones connecting ($40 pair of Subjekts). Also, all the sensors seem like things that are going to break or malfunction easily.

6) Convince me to keep the UE900 IEMs I already have.

P.S.- I saw something about being a Trade Member. Is this needed to sell on here and if it is, how do I get it? 

Thanks in advance!

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 4
Hello!

The UE900 is a great pair of IEM with bass that extends deep and well controlled. Vocals sound great! I like it with almost all genre with exception of acounstic and classical music as I find the XBA-4 to sound better with those genre.

If you hate using IEM as I USED to do (but after getting foam eartips, wow! <3 it xD ), I would suggest you to go for the PSB M4U1, don't worry about the hinge, it's strong in my opinion!

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Aug 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks. There is a PSB for sale right now in the exchange. Right now I'm leaning toward the Sennhiesers or Parrots. I am going to do a little more research on all of the models.

Hope you found the right one! Do report back or ask any questions!

Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back