New member looking for help :)
Jan 17, 2018 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SithMaHiFi

New Head-Fier
Hello I'm a new member from Italy, i live in Rome :)
I've read many threads here and I'm impressed by Your knowlegde!
I started recently to move up my stuff to an higher level, I bought from massdrop the HifiMan He400I and I use them with a Schiit dac and my computer, I had some Sennheiser HD598 and I liked them too.
I love hard rock and metal, and while these Hifiman are fantastic with almost anything, I feel that they don't have enough bass for heavy metal. I'm a beginner and I don't have a huge budget ( 150 euros ). I've read also the official thread about headphones and metal but the Meze 99 Neo that they are so popular there are off budget (250 euros)
Can you help me please?

Ciao!

Jan 17, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #3 of 7
Check out a SoundMAGIC HP151 and see what you think. It's in your price range. It is not a basshead can but it does have better bass than your HiFiMAN does. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It is possible it could work for you. Maybe also look into a used M100, if you can find one.. That would also be a good option for you. I would stay away from the closed AKGs, personally--I don't think they are going to have enough bass for you.

Jan 17, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 7
Look into

VModa M100 +bass
Alessandro MS1 +mids for guitars,decent thump for midbass,no sub bass.
Beyer DT770 80ohm +bass,++treble,not so great mids
Philips Fidelio X1 or X2 +bass semi-recessed mids

Jan 17, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #5 of 7
Thank you, very good advices here. I had the chance to listen Meze 99 neo and they sounded a bit too bassy ,are beyer and vmoda better about it?
I listened X2 too but the mids were really too recessed.
I've read that a lot of people still considers Beyer better than Meze despite the price difference (in italy 139 euro beyer, 250 euros meze)
About Vmoda here they cost too much :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #7 of 7
Hi I'm italian too ! benvenuto :)
I had more or less your same problem but I solved it with Meze 99 Neo. I know that they are over budget but they are worth it, from my experience if you buy something not so special, you will feel always unsatisfied and sooner or later you will sell that stuff to try to buy the good one.
Anyway people here already listed very good ones in case you really want to just buy them (the only ones i don't know are SoundMAGIC HP151)

Look into

VModa M100 +bass
Alessandro MS1 +mids for guitars,decent thump for midbass,no sub bass.
Beyer DT770 80ohm +bass,++treble,not so great mids
Philips Fidelio X1 or X2 +bass semi-recessed mids

Beyer and X2 are quite good ones

Beyerdynamic dt 150 .. I didnt know these ones.. reading few reviews they seem quite good

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back