New Member here, Just wanted to say Hello! and ask about some custom cable's?
Nov 15, 2013 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HERMANtheSMASHE

New Head-Fier
Hello all, 

Have been following this forum for some time now and really appreciate all the info thats out there. So a BIG thank you to all the contributing members!! and all that you have shared on this forum. You have helped me make good educated designs and got me through all the questions I've had until now ^_^ .  I'm just starting out into the audiophile world and currently more focused on "Portable" goodies then most anything else at the moment. So in that thought I have recently purchased the FiiO Andes-EO7K, a new pair of Shure SE315's CL, and added on the FiiO RC-SE1 cable. The cable really did make a vast improvement and for the cost was a no-brainer.

So I have read a ton through the forum on the iphone 5 lightning cable issues etc. with non MFi DAC's (such as the EO7K) and have seen recently that all of that has turned around (somewhat) with the implementation of the iphone lightning CCK. I'm running an iphone 5S 64gb IOS 7.0.3 to use with my EO7K and everything works great! So thanks again for that tid-bit of knowledge.

My question now resides in how the heck can I reduce the length and ugliness of the cabling and adapters etc.? I was hoping to see some solutions here for the FiiO people but not sure if it has been worked out yet. (If you have a link to that info please insert here -> ^_^). The closest that I have seen to a minimal cable was produced by Toxic Cables : http://www.head-fi.org/t/628369/all-about-the-new-apple-lightning-cables-plugs-update-the-plot-thickens/60#post_8844488 The path I'm hoping for is: iphone5S -> custom lightning to Usb Mini B cable -> FiiO EO7K. My current path is iphone5S -> apple CCK -> Usb A to Usb Mini B adaptor -> FiiO EO7K. Perhaps someone can chime in or point me in the right direction of some cable makers that could help me out with reaching my very short cable goals for my FiiO DAC.

On a side note, I have purchased an SD card reader / USB adaptor for the lightning port on my ipad from China and tested it with my EO7K and surprisingly it worked as well. So have figured that the lightning adaptor or cable doesn't not have to be apple genuine which is nice.  So hopefully someone with the skill and knowledge would be able to make a short cable to suit my needs ^_^! 

Also would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for a comparison of Custom IEM's? Perhaps if there is thread for side by side comparisons of different types? Was thinking about getting the Shure 535's and sending out for a custom IEM casing. But if there are some alternatives to this path would be great to hear. Have heard of Ultimate ear's and Westone. Was trying to keep in in the realm around $500-$700 if that helps. 

Well thanks again for everything and its a pleasure to have finally joined your community. Instead of just trolling it ^_^

-Frank

Nov 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 4
Traditional greeting...

Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet...

I'm afraid I can't help you with your questions,but there are many more CIEMs beyond just Westone & UE.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/541494/multi-custom-in-ear-monitor-review-resource-mfg-list-discussion-26-reviews-um-pp6-added-3-12-13

Also, I have not heard these, but check out ljokerl's review:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/581273/review-clear-tune-monitors-ctm-200-dual-driver-custom

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the CIEM list Billybob! Will put it to good use!  
etysmile.gif

Nov 20, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #4 of 4
So no-one with any cable help....
confused.gif
... Have contacted Toxic Cables so will see if he can make me a custom cable to try out... Will update with my results later. 

On another note there are waaayyy too many CIEM's out there heh. But have been digging through the list that Billybob had sent to me and am leaning towards a pair from 1964 Ears. Anyone with comments crits on there CIEM's? 

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back