New member buying gear from classifieds forbidden???
Dec 2, 2023 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Aericc

New Head-Fier
I'm a long time high-end audiophile switching to IEM as I find them more comfortable than over ear and I recently moved to a high rise condo so I cannot enjoy my floor speakers like I used to. I'm used to high end gear, but a friend of mine told me about Aur Audio which according to him sells their IEM at a reasonable price but at a TOTL performance. Sounds good to me when I was to spend over $6k on an IEM from MusicTech. I contacted the company but they told me they are overwhelmed with orders and are not taking new orders. So a moment ago, I saw an ad for a used Neon Pro but the seller refused to sell to me because I have no history as a member. I'm not sure if they thought I'm a scammer even though I'm the one paying via PayPal....... Is this normal? Is this type of skepticism/snobbery normal from members posating ads???

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm a long time high-end audiophile switching to IEM as I find them more comfortable than over ear and I recently moved to a high rise condo so I cannot enjoy my floor speakers like I used to. I'm used to high end gear, but a friend of mine told me about Aur Audio which according to him sells their IEM at a reasonable price but at a TOTL performance. Sounds good to me when I was to spend over $6k on an IEM from MusicTech. I contacted the company but they told me they are overwhelmed with orders and are not taking new orders. So a moment ago, I saw an ad for a used Neon Pro but the seller refused to sell to me because I have no history as a member. I'm not sure if they thought I'm a scammer even though I'm the one paying via PayPal....... Is this normal? Is this type of skepticism/snobbery normal from members posating ads???
I don't think it had anything to do with being snobby, I just think people are careful. There is, unfortunately, a lot of scammers out there, and it makes many cautious.
Have you asked the seller if he would accept any kind of proof that your are a genuine buyer?

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #3 of 6
I don't think it had anything to do with being snobby, I just think people are careful. There is, unfortunately, a lot of scammers out there, and it makes many cautious.
Have you asked the seller if he would accept any kind of proof that your are a genuine buyer?
I must be missing something. How can I scam when they have to receive my payment first as a buyer before they ship the item?

Dec 2, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #5 of 6
I must be missing something. How can I scam when they have to receive my payment first as a buyer before they ship the item?
As @Pictograms mentions, there are withdrawal/charge back scams, we see those quite often at my work, unfortunately.
You could suggest the seller to send a picture of your address and name shown on a official letter or bill. This can help verify that you are the actual buyer, and not someone who has stolen the identity of someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back