New Megadeth song, "headcrusher", available for download
Jul 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 16
Awesome!!! Good looking out.

Was just watching Rusted Pieces transferred from a VHS tape the other day. Great videos...

Good to see these guys are still thrashing.

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #7 of 16
Bit pessimistic arent we?
smily_headphones1.gif

Production sounds quite good. Andy Sneap did a good job. Or atleast I think it is Sneap who is doing the mastering.

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bit pessimistic arent we?
smily_headphones1.gif

Production sounds quite good. Andy Sneap did a good job. Or atleast I think it is Sneap who is doing the mastering.

It's called reality. Before the last two Megadeth albums, they released one of the thrashiest songs on the album beforehand, giving the impression of OMG return to form!

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #9 of 16
Yea, but the bloated bag of corn that is called Metallica did the same with Death Magnetic and that turned out to be a pleasant surprise... wait and see. Mustaine still has it somewhere in that paranoid, drug-addled brain.

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by evanft /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's called reality. Before the last two Megadeth albums, they released one of the thrashiest songs on the album beforehand, giving the impression of OMG return to form!

Well I wouldnt know since I havent really followed Megadeths latest offerings.

Quote:

Yea, but the bloated bag of corn that is called Metallica did the same with Death Magnetic and that turned out to be a pleasant surprise... wait and see. Mustaine still has it somewhere in that paranoid, drug-addled brain.

I thought Mustaine has been clean for some time now, after few very bad trips and other unpleasant incidents? But then again I guess damage is already done...
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...But then again I guess damage is already done...
biggrin.gif

Yea, that's what I meant. Got to see SNFU a couple of weeks ago and hung out with Chi Pig (lead singer) pretty well all night - he's a personal hero of sorts. Allegedly clean since the early 90s, this is the man of late, a limber and spry 45 years old:

chi.jpg

Yipes.

Jul 9, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Day that Never Comes was the first song released and they did not have a pattern of doing what Mustaine has been doing for three albums.

Jul 10, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by evanft /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Day that Never Comes was the first song released and they did not have a pattern of doing what Mustaine has been doing for three albums.

I don't disagree with you - I haven't liked Megadeth's output since Countdown. But come on man, seriously? Metallica might not have the same pattern over the last three albums, but that doesn't mean they weren't steaming piles.

All I'm saying is wait and see. Metallica deserves no more credit than Megadeth in that regard whatsoever. IMO, Mustaine is a masterful songwriter, both lyrically and musically - when he's on his game. Let's hope he's on his game.

Jul 10, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, that's what I meant. Got to see SNFU a couple of weeks ago and hung out with Chi Pig (lead singer) pretty well all night - he's a personal hero of sorts. Allegedly clean since the early 90s, this is the man of late, a limber and spry 45 years old:

chi.jpg

Yipes.

45!? Well, he definetly does look like a person who has gone through... all kinds of stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back