New Meelectronics EDM Universe IEM
Aug 10, 2013 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Shizdan

1000+ Head-Fier
Just got an email about these new IEMS. I love the colors.

Link

Plus a 25% discount coupon code "inearedm" and free shipping this weekend

Has anyone had a chance to give them a listen?

Aug 12, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 12
I just ordered a set in green.  I'll take the $38 risk and see if these have what it takes to kick the Brainwavz R1 out of my gym bag.

Will they be able to best the talented (for the money) R1 or will they wind up a gift like the overly bass heavy M9 were in the past.  Stay tuned....
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:
Love the look, love the brand, I'm all for peace love unity and respect. But I hate inline volume controls.

I hate 'peace love unity and respect' (dumb attitude based marketing) and I don't care one way or the other about inline controls.  I do love EDM and I've had good experiences with Meelectronics products (and customer service) in the past.  Usually I wind up passing them along as gifts and they're well received.

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #6 of 12
Got mine on monday. Haven't had time to burn them in properly yet. But so far I'm impressed. Warm sound. VERY bass heavy, but controlled. I think I will write a review later on.

Aug 21, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #8 of 12
The highs are certainly not the most detailed I've ever heard, but well behaved, and fairly accurate-no sibilance that I've noticed.

Compared to the R1s (which I actually liked a lot) these are clearly better in almost all areas. As far as bass quantity goes I've never heard anything at this price level belt out this much bass with good extension into sub bass domains. A lot of headphones that are supposedly bass-centric have a big mid-bass hump, then a rather sharp drop off. This is not the case here.
But of course this comes at a price when it comes to mids, wich are good but tends to get dominated by the big bass.

Most of all, these iems are good fun. If you are looking for accurate sound. These are not for you.
And they need to burn in as highs and mids can sound a bit muffled and harsh at first but open up considerably after a while.

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #9 of 12
I finally got around to listening to my set.  I'll admit I was all set to slam them for the ridiculous marketing but the truth is so far they're pretty damned good (at the $40 level).

Unlike the M9 bass is tight and doesn't gobble up the rest of the frequencies.  With Cazzette's 'Beam me Up' they do deliver some EDM joy.  Similarly Basement Jaxx's 'Oh My Gosh' is well presented and easy to tap the toes too.  Treble is a little rough but maybe they'll smooth with use.  If I end up using these in the gym I'll come back and write a full review later.

Brief conclussion is at $40 if you're not looking for refined sound (and you won't find that for $40 anyhow) they're a viable option.

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #12 of 12
I just ordered these on a Groupon promotion that lowered the price to $30 (which I couldn't pass up).
I come from a Phonak PFE 012 so it's gonna be interesting how these compare to something 2x the price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back