New Luxman D-10X SACD player with ROHM BD34301EKV DAC chip
Jul 17, 2020 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

shuttleboi

100+ Head-Fier
I saw the recent news on The Absolute Sound that Luxman released their new $16K USD flagship D-10X SACD player. It has digital inputs so you can use it as a DAC.

s.jpg

What's interesting is that it has a DAC chip that I've never heard of before, the ROHM Semiconductor MUS-IC BD34301EKV. I've actually never heard of that semiconductor company, either.

MUS-IC BD34301EKV converter
The D10-X marks the world premiere of the MUS-IC BD34301EKV digital-to-analog converter from ROHM Semiconductor. Like Luxman, ROHM is a Japan-based manufacturer with many decades of audio expertise. The converter reflects 28 separate parameters optimized for sound quality, including aspects of circuit design, layout, photomask, wafer production and packaging. For example, to optimize sound quality, selected “bonding” wires that connect the chip to the lead frame are made of copper, while others are made of gold. A 32-bit ΔΣ (Delta-Sigma) design, the converter achieves a phenomenal noise signal-to-noise ratio: -130 dB. The D-10X applies a pair of these converters in dual mono configuration, delivering a listening experience of unsurpassed musicality.

Has anyone heard of this company ROHM? It this truly a state-of-the-art DAC chip? I only know about the usual suspects (TI Burr Brown, ESS, AKM, etc.).

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #2 of 8
Jul 18, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #3 of 8
I've only heard the D-10X in electronic shops here in Japan and never compared it with any other DACs so I can't say anything about it.
Steve Guttenberg seems to praise the D-10X a lot though, exceeding a Denafrips Terminator.

Nov 8, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #5 of 8
SMSL D300 just announced with the same DAC Chip
Its $340 for the 11.11 sale from shenzhenaudio. But no reviews so I won't take a chance.

Jan 5, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #6 of 8
i heard the luxman D-10X in an dealer, i love it very much. i am saving for it. But recently i am getting second thought. The number of second hand D-10X appearing second hand in Japan is skyrocketing. The sound and the transport is great. Detail voice, detail background music, good bass. Amazing mechanical door to close the transport. I love it, but what is the japanese buying if they are dumping D-10X. If only i can ask them.

Jan 5, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #7 of 8
Its $340 for the 11.11 sale from shenzhenaudio. But no reviews so I won't take a chance.
I took one, and I compare it to Singxer SDA-6. I couldn't tell the difference between them

Jan 5, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #8 of 8
i heard the luxman D-10X in an dealer, i love it very much. i am saving for it. But recently i am getting second thought. The number of second hand D-10X appearing second hand in Japan is skyrocketing. The sound and the transport is great. Detail voice, detail background music, good bass. Amazing mechanical door to close the transport. I love it, but what is the japanese buying if they are dumping D-10X. If only i can ask them.
I scour the Japanese 2nd hand market almost every day and I haven't seen a lot of D-10X flooding the market. Luxman is definitely summit-fi but it's at the lower end of summit-fi (relatively speaking of course). Probably people are itching to get more expensive brands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back