New Loaner Program from AmericaHiFi - Cyrus ONE HD Amplifier - AND REVIEWS!
Aug 31, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #46 of 57

First of all thank you to American HiFi for sponsoring this product tour.

Source Gear
  • Bluesound Node 2i with Apple Music and FLAC rips on USB (source for both chains)
  • RME ADI-2 DAC (headphone chain)
  • MiniDSP DDRC-22D Dirac Processor (speaker chain)
  • Emotiva PT-100 Preamp (speaker chain)
Comparison Gear
  • MassDrop THX AAA 789 Headphone Amp (headphone chain)
  • Bravo V2 Tube Hybrid Headphone Amp (headphone chain)
  • Crown XLS 1502 Speaker Amp (speaker chain)
Speakers
  • Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t
Headphones Tested With Cyrus OneHD
  • Beyerdynamic T1.2
  • ZMF Auteur Wenge
  • Audeze LCD-3
  • Audeze EL-8 Titanium
  • Hifiman HE6se
  • Grado PS1000e
  • Sony MDR-MA900

Overview

As someone who runs a speaker setup and a headphone setup in the same room the possibility of reducing clutter and finding a 'one device to rule them all' solution is always compelling. In many ways the Cyrus OneHD comes close to being that device, and performance in many ways exceeded my expectations. However, a number of usability issues, bugs, and shortcomings ultimately means this isn't the device to do that for me.

With a powerful speaker amp section, a wide variety of inputs (both analog and digital), and an innovative take on headphone amplification from an integrated amp that allows the full power of the speaker amp power supply to be directed into a separate Class AB headphone amp there are many things to like about the Cyrus OneHD.

Build

Solidly build out of metal with two large knobs and high-quality feeling binding posts, the OneHD feels like a high quality product. It comes packed extremely well - double boxed with form-fitting inserts to keep it from jostling on its way to your door.

The dimensions are a bit odd - it's very narrow while also being very deep. Because of that it hung over both the back and front of my audio rack (see photo below) and because of the narrow dimensions the inputs on the rear are closer together than would be preferred for ease of use in connecting/disconnecting gear (though in a non-review setting that likely wouldn't be an issue as you'd 'set it and forget it').

Making the unit wider-but-shallower would also allow for space to include XLR inputs on the rear and an XLR headphone jack on the front, potentially with more power to be able to drive more power-hungry headphones.

Speaker Amp Performance

My favorite thing about the Cyrus OneHD was it's excellent performance as a speaker amp. It's powerful, punchy, has an incredibly low noise floor, and easily trounced my Crown XLS 1502 in terms of audio quality. I hadn't realized how much my XLS 1502 was holding my speakers back until I hooked up the OneHD - it was a revelation how much clearer the sound became and how imaging and soundstage improved. Despite having considerably less wattage than the Crown amp, I found that at even 50% of the volume knob my Infinitys were much louder than I'd ever need in my listening room. I can heartily recommend the Cyrus OneHD as a speaker amp.

Headphone Amp Performance

Most receivers and integrated amps with headphone jacks just include one as an afterthought with very little time spent optimizing the quality of the experience for headphones. It's clear that the Cyrus team went above and beyond there, however, building-in a dedicated Class AB headphone amp that pulls power from the main transformer that normally drives the speaker taps.

I found that the OneHD performed best with high-impedance dynamic headphones. There's a certain warmth and richness to the sound, though it's thankfully not syrupy or blurred as one might get from an inexpensive tube amp or tube hybrid. I've never heard my Beyerdynamic T1.2s sound as good as they did from the OneHD - the stellar imaging that the T1.2s are known for was in full effect, with an extremely natural tone devoid of any sibilance or harshness in the treble. Likewise my ZMF Auteurs loved the OneHD, with strong meaty bass, powerful transient attacks, and an open natural sound.

Lower impedance dynamic headphones like the Sony MDR-MA900 and Grado PS1000e didn't seem to gain as much from the OneHD as the aforementioned ones, but they still sounded as good as they do from my THX 789.

Where it didn't stack up well was with power-hungry planars. While the LCD-3 is relatively high efficiency for a planar, the OneHD didn't seem to be able to drive it with the same quick attacks and slam as the THX 789, and the Hifiman HE6se fell apart on the Cyrus - with a sound that was loose and muddy. The Audeze EL-8s, however, which are designed to be run from mobile sources, worked extremely well with the Cyrus OneHD, sounding considerably better than they do running off of my iPhone, with deeper and more pronounced bass and a more present and lifelike midrange.

Usability Issues

This is ultimately where the unit didn't live up to what I'd want for something I'd purchase myself. While the Cyrus app works very well, it's nowhere near as convenient as a physical remote control that can be operated without having to pick up the phone or tablet or switch screens/apps while using other apps while listening. Strangely, both the lower-model in the One series, the Cyrus One, and the one above this, the Cyrus One Cast, both come with physical remote controls. The choice by Cyrus not to include one with the OneHD is baffling and makes usability suffer.

On a positive note, the app does allow you to change the brightness of the front-facing LEDs (the default value is eye-searingly bright, unfortunately), as well as to quickly change inputs. I like the idea of an app to delve into deeper settings, but a basic remote that allows for volume and input changes should be included.

I ran into an issue with the built-in DAC while using my Bluesound Node 2i with Apple Music. When connected to the Cyrus OneHD via the coaxial digital input the OneHD would seem to lose sync whenever a new album would begin, and sometimes in the middle of an album, resulting in the sound stuttering and cutting in and out for 30 seconds or so before eventually beginning to play smoothly. Oddly this did not happen when using the Node 2i to play FLAC rips off of a USB stick plugged into the back of it. This behavior isn't present in either my RME ADI-2 DAC or the built-in-DAC in the Emotiva PT-100. I do not have any other devices with ESS DACs, so I don't know if it's an issue endemic to ESS or just Cyrus's implementation of it. Once it did 'sync' and begin to play freely the built-in DAC did sound lovely, however.

Upon connecting the app to the unit with a headphone plugged in you will be greeted by a message stating that balance control is not available on the headphone output. Again, this is a baffling omission as being able to adjust balance is even more important on headphones than speakers - being able to correct for slight channel imbalances in headphones (or for one's own hearing) would be a welcome addition.

The unit also creates a 'pop' or 'thud' sound in the connected speakers every time it's turned on - even if headphones are connected first before the unit is powered on. Some sort of soft-power-on feature would be much appreciated as it's disconcerting to hear one's speakers pop every time you turn on the amp.

Comparisons

vs Crown XLS 1502

There's really no comparison here, the OneHD is a far superior speaker amp to the Crown, there was absolutely no area of sound where the OneHD wasn't notably audibly superior.

vs Massdrop THX AAA 789

This is a tougher comparison as the OneHD beats the 789 in terms of 'organic' or 'natural' sound, but lacks the same amount of power that the THX AAA 789 has. Head-to-head I'd say that the THX 789 has more overall detail and more pronounced treble articulation, but there was a certain je ne sais quoi to the sound of the OneHD when driving the T1.2 or Auteur that made me clearly prefer it to the THX 789 for those headphones. For headphones that can benefit from copious amounts of power, however (or for those that demand it) the THX 789 took the lead.

Conclusions

My time spent with the Cyrus OneHD was both enlightening and frustrating. There are things about the OneHD that I absolutely loved (speaker amp capability, sound of the headphone amp with the cans that worked well with it), things that made me wonder why they weren't addressed in the development process (balance control for headphones, the popping sound when powered on, the lack of a remote), and things that made me want to start pulling my hair out (the syncing issue when using the internal DAC from my Node2i as a streaming source).

Ultimately while the performance was above expectations for the things it does well, the usability concerns would make it a no-go for me. The step-up unit Cyrus One Cast would seem to be the more compelling option - with integrated support for a number of streaming services without having to resort to lossy Bluetooth and with a physical remote it would solve two big issues, though as someone with a variety of headphones, some of which need more power than the unit can produce, I believe it would still ultimately fall short. Perhaps in the future Cyrus may want to offer a unit that can redirect the full power of the speaker amps through the headphone jack (preferably with an XLR connection) similar to what Schiit does with the Ragnarok.

Note: This review is also available on Head-Gear here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/cyrus-one-hd.25349/reviews

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #48 of 57
Thanks for the review, I am next in line- I will be using it as a desktop set up- and compare it to the LTA Z10/Bitfrost 2 with headphones (Z1r and verite open)and speakers (mark audio cesti mb).

Sep 13, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #50 of 57
I guess now is its my turn for a review on the Cyrus One HD. Thanks to Robert from Amerricahifi for the opportunity to review this unit. This was a good experience for me since this is my first review of anything. I would like to say that I don't really envy the job of reviewers it is definitely tougher than i thought. Also now I understand the whole pain of packaging and the condition of boxes. The poor box will probably be unrecognizable when it gets back to America HIFI.

As far as the review goes, I won’t go into details of specs, usually people will do their own research for specs. But what people wants to find out is how it sounds.

IMG_1318.jpeg

Bottom line upfront- The unit sounds great with both Headphones and Speakers in a desktop environment. This will definitely be a great all around unit for somebody looking for a one box solution. Now, I honestly feel like i really wasted lot of money in getting a 5k Tube amp. Now I understand all the craziness in this hobby where we keep spending and spending and at the end what you gain is minimal.

Equipment - I mainly used the ONE in a desktop set up connected to a Schiit Bitfrost 2 DAC via SE connection. I compared the unit to an LTA Z-10 (5K USD) integrated tube amp.
Source - TIDAL -IMAC- IFI I galvanic - bitfrost 2 - ONE
I compared to the Z-10 also conected to the Bitfrost via XLR.
Headphones - ZMF VERITE, and Sony ZIR
Speakers - Mark Sota Cesti MB bookshelf speakers

IMG_1317.jpeg

Build Quality -Ergonomics
I love the look of the amp with the half size, always been a fan of Cyrus since i started reading Brit HIFI MAGS such as Hifi Choice and What HIFI - Cyrus products would always get great reviews. Nice heft and solid chassis. Not a big fan of the glossed face since the led reflects on it making it hard to see. I can hardly see the inputs on my desk but to be honest i am not switching outputs so no big deal. Also I didn’t use the remote app. Overall seems like good quality.

Music - These are some of the tracks and records I used - Bill Friselll (You only Live Twice), Billie Eilish (No time to Die), Peter Frampton Comes Alive (Do you feel like I do), Gogo Pinguin (Murmurs), Henri Texier Les La-bas, Beethoven The Symphonies Ricardo Chailly -Gewandhausorchester Leipzig - some modern pop indie, Twenty One Pilots, Saint Motel and Green Day (Brain Stew) - plus many more

IMG_1316.jpeg

Sound Impressions - Based on this experience I think sometimes in this hobby reviewers dont really highlight that sometimes differences in equipment are really really minimal especially when referring to amps. So dont expect to hear destroy, or night and day thing.

After listening for two weeks to the ONE and the LTA-Z10 I was shocked about how little difference between these two amps, I was not expecting this to be honest. The LTA is 5K and I am still paying my credit card.

HEADPHONE AMP - The main reason I bought the LTA amp was because of the great headphone amp performance with great reviews. I alway wanted a high end Tube amp and I bought it blind. Moving to the ONE not kidding I was in shock, the tonality of both amps were very very close. Didn’t notice any major changes in soundstage, I kept going back and forth and I could not believe it. By the way I have really good hearing had my ears tested a year ago.

I would call the ONE headphone amp really well rounded balanced sound, good detail, good punch quiet background. But nothing overly done. Like i said when using my LTA as a reference, they are very close. I wrote on my notes, that i would probably would have a hard time doing a blind testing between the two amps. It is that good in my opinion. Good overall balance sound. Dont think this amp gets in the way of the headphones. Both the ZMF and Sony sounded really good. The only thing that LTA did better was the 3d sense, slightly more tactile and natural like been there feeling but like i said very very minimal. I am questioning why I needed to spend all that money. Unless you are planning to get the most inefficient headphones out there, this is a great solution. I would be happy with this unit to drive my current headphones.

SPEAKER AMP -

Since I am using in a desktop set up, I am a fan of nothing overly done that can get tiring. Thats what I like about the Cesti MB speakers they are somewhat little recessed non fatiguing but great imaging and soundstage and a warmish tonality. As a background I've have used over the years Mini Maggies, Audience The One and ATC speakers. For amps I have used over the years include - BEL CANTO, Emotiva, Mcintosh, PS audio S-300. Most recently the LTA Z-10 (only 14 watts) but I really like it, very detailed but non fatiguing sound, natural sounding.

Shifting to the ONE, the differences were more noticeable than the headphone amp. I found the ONE to also have very good balanced sound, good punch, nothing overly done. Highs were detailed and had more splash than the LTA amp but still within the non fatiguing sound. Really good detail on the bass and faster than the LTA, very well controlled. This is one of the weakness of the LTA amp, as far as midrange the ONE was really great. Very good vocal clarity. I was really impressed with Vocals - also imaging was really good and good soundstage. The LTA has a somewhat more delicate sound and the 3d tactile aspect was more noticeable on the LTA but again not really a night a day type of thing. If i had only the ONE i would not even care honestly.

In closing, If i had to do it all over again the ONE would be in my top 3 list for a good all around one and done one box solution. This is great overall performer, highly recommended.

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #51 of 57
Thank you for this comparative review Maelob. I do think that the Cyrus ONE HD is more than capable with speakers and with headphones, as seems to be apparent from most of the reviews listed so far.
Please Note: we are selling the full range of Cyrus Products as well as QED Cables, iFi Audio, Atlas Cables and Titan Audio.

You can visit our store here: https://americahifi.com/shop

Many thanks.
Robert
AmericaHiFi

Sep 24, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #52 of 57
Hello Head-Fi Members,

I have to say we have had great interest in the Cyrus Brand and the ONE CAST HD unit that we have been passing around.
So far we have five great reviews, pointing out the advantages, sound stage, capabilities of the unit with headphones, as well as its unique foibles...

We are expecting two more reviews in the coming weeks, and then the unit will come back home.

Currently there are five reviews, and to make it easy, here are the direct links to the reviews:

Review by Dramlin: click here

Review by ngoshawk: click here

Review by Wiljen: click here

Review by tutetibiimperes: click here

Review by Maelob: click here

Thank you to all the reviewers who took so much time and effort, we do hope that the Head-Fi Community will consider Cyrus Audio products.
You can visit the Cyrus Section of our store here: https://americahifi.com/cyrus

Many thanks
Robert
AmericaHiFi
1-800-817-2924

Cyrus ONE HD 3.jpg

Nov 1, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #53 of 57
CYRUS ONE HD review

The CYRUS ONE HD was kindly provided as a loaner by AmericaHiFi in return for my honest review. I have no financial or other interests in AmericaHiFi or CYRUS.

I have auditioned CYRUS audio equipment a few times in the last decade and am predisposed to a positive view of the company.

Unboxing:

The CYRUS ONE HD was part of an audio tour and I was the last stop. The unit is heavy and the box was worse for wear but contents appeared in like-new condition.

Many of the traditional “integrated amp” features are included in a narrow and somewhat long footprint which fits my work desktop perfectly. A picture is included with the CYRUS ONE HD on the left and the SMSL SU-8 and DA-8S stack on the right. The CYRUS ONE HD does not have a remote.

Equipment Used:

The CYRUS ONE HD was auditioned and compared as follows:

Speakers; Audioengine HDP6 (Passive) speakers:
  • A Windows 10 computer’s USB connection was used. The DAC and AMP of the CYRUS ONE HD were evaluated together.
  • As a comparison, I used the SMSL SU-8 and DA-8S stack.
  • The pairing of the CYRUS ONE HD with the Audioengine HDP6 yielded a lift or warmth at 500hz that was not EQ’d to eliminate.
Headphones; Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed:
  • A Windows 10 computer’s USB connection was used. The DAC and AMP of the CYRUS ONE HD were evaluated together.
  • As a comparison, I used a Cayin n6ii E02.
  • The pairing of the CYRUS ONE HD with the Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed HDP6 yielded a lift or warmth at 850hz to 1200hz that was not EQ’d to eliminate.
Bluetooth:
  • The Samsung S21 Ultra was used as a source. Although the CYRUS ONE HD internet documentation specifies aptX HD as an option, the Samsung S21 Ultra would only scale up to aptX.
  • Comparisons were made between the CYRUS ONE HD and the SMSL SU-8 and DA-8S stack. Once the aptX was observed as the best common denominator, the Samsung S21 Ultra was hard-set to aptX so the SMSL would not have an unfair advantage.
Analog Input:
  • Limited comparisons were made and are commented upon later in this review.
No EQ or Post Processing was used for any of the equipment auditioned or compared.

Frequency can be extremely subjective depending on a person’s background, physical anatomy (ears, skull, brain size), the speakers for which they are paired, the room size and treatments, etc. During the audition, frequency changes are briefly observed and mentioned. Overall, I did not hear anything lacking or anything offensive so I trust that those inclined to EQ will be able to derive the frequencies they prefer. A more efficient pair of speakers may deliver a greater “slam” to the sound compared to the AudioEngine HDP6.

If I were to EQ, I would start with a curve that is the inverse of the frequency response chart for the speakers or headphones and then tweak it to my personal taste. However, no EQ or Post Processing was used to keep everything as fair as possible.

Speaker audition: auditioned with music I had listened to recently

Mathew Eick, 2021 When We Leave, “Arvo” and “Playing” (16bit 44.1khz)

Mathiew Eick performs with muted trumpet and plays ambient bent jazz. His trumpet rings clearly with the CYRUS ONE HD. Other instruments also emerge from the mix which is not previously heard with the SMSL SU-8 and DA8S stack. In particular, the piano is often lost in the mix and the CYRUS ONE HD presents the piano at an almost equal level with the drums and bass.

Billy Childs, 2014 Map of the Treasure, “New York Tenderberry” and “The Confession” (16bit 44.1khz)

Billy Childs might be called a post-bop jazz pianist but his music is much more than that. On this recording, Rene Fleming’s vocals have texture and detail not revealed on the SMSL SU-8 and DA-8S stack. The individual strings of YoYo Ma’s cello resonate against the wood of the instrument. Instruments that were blurred and meshed together with the SMSL SU-8 and DA-8S stack emerge clearly with the CYRUS ONE HD.

King Crimson, 1973 Larks' Tongues in Aspic, “Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part One”, “Book of Saturdays” and “Exiles”. (24bit 96khz)

Compared to the SMSL SU8 and DA8S stack, the CYRUS ONE HD is a clear winner. John Wetton’s bass emerges from the mix better with the CYRUS ONE HD and often feels to be in the room rather than coming from the speakers. However, Bill Bruford’s percussion instruments are not clearly defined. On “Book of Saturdays”, Robert Fripp’s back-looped guitar emerges gently followed by Jamie Muir’s violin. Unfortunately, the vocal harmonies sound lumped together and are not separated. Other equipment (at a greater financial cost) would reveal more.

I began the King Crimson audition with a 16bit 44.1khz mix and then switched to the 24bit 96khz mentioned here. The CYRUS ONE HD scaled nicely with each note and the instruments presented with better clarity than with the 16bit 44.1khz mix.

Art Farmer, Jim Hall, 1978 Big Blues, “Whisper Not” and “Pavane for a Dead Princess (2,8 MHz 1 Bit, DSD64)
Chet Baker, 1974 She Was Too Good to Me, “Autumn Leaves” [DSD64]

Specifications found via a web search show the CYRUS ONE HD should have DSD 64 and DSD 128 support.

For whatever reason, DSD did not render well. The sound only played from Foobar2000 when converted to PCM. The presentation was flat and there was a white noise throughout. Rendering with DSD yielded silence.

Unfortunately, I was not able to take the time to investigate this further. I contacted the manufacturer (** edit) and Cyrus responded that a setting could be adjusted in Foobar2000 related to the Cmedia chip. They sent me a file with instructions. However, I contacted them at the end of the trial and did not have time to test their instructions. Note that Cyrus responded within a day. (** end edit).

Aoife O'Donovan, 2020 Bull Frogs Croon (and Other Songs), “Bull Frogs Croon” (24bit 44.1khz)

Once again, the CYRUS ONE HD sounds clearer than the SMSL stack. The violins have some bite and the vocals are clean. However, I felt music information was hiding from me. The Headphone Audition confirmed this.

Headphone audition: Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed with VIVO balanced cable

A comparison was done with headphone output compared to speakers. All of the prior mentioned tracks were auditioned again. An adapter was used to enable the audition of the SE output of the CYRUS ONE HD with the VIVO balanced headphone cable.:
  • The texture and detail are better with the CYRUS ONE HD headphone output than with the inefficient Audioengine HDR6 speakers. The frequency response is significantly shifted with the emphasis now moved from 500hz to 850hz through 1200hz. Note that no EQ or Post Processing was used for the audition.
  • The music is never harsh with headphones or speakers. The sound is somewhat laid back. The overall impression is enjoyable.
  • The CYRUS ONE HD volume was increased from 25% for speakers to 50% for headphones to match levels. I would guess that the CYRUS ONE HD would not perform well with less efficient headphones and might be better matched with IEM/CIEM earphones.
The tracks were compared with the Cayin n6ii E02. (The SMSL stack does not have a headphone output so it was not used.) The Cayin n6ii E02 was set to high output and volume matched at 38%.
  • The Cayin n6ii E02 is more resolving and detailed than the CYRUS ONE HD
  • At equal volume levels, the Cayin n6ii E02 sound is more forward and has more “slam” and the highs are better balanced. However, the CYRUS ONE HD has better separation which brought the sound out of the head better. Some might call the CYRUS ONE HD more “holographic” and may prefer this sound.

Bluetooth comparisons with Samsung S21 Ultra as the source:
  • I use Bluetooth daily for teleconferencing with an Aftershokz headset and microphone; it works brilliantly. However, I do not like Bluetooth, regardless of CODEC, for music. No matter the CODEC, aptX HD, or even LDAC, I find Bluetooth music fatiguing to my ears and brain.
  • I was able to pair my Samsung S21 Ultra with “CyrusOne-00083”. “One-083” was also presented but it seems to require an app which I did not find. A CD was bundled with the review unit but four of my computers could not read the CD.
  • The Samsung S21 Ultra used the aptX CODEC and did not report that the aptX HD was available. The CYRUS ONE HD publishes support for aptX HD (but not LDAC) so I presume the fault is with my Samsung S21 Ultra. After this observation, I set the S21 Ultra to only output with aptX so the comparison with the SMSL stack would be fair.
  • A similar sound signature was heard from the CYRUS ONE HD and with the SMSL SU8 and DA8S stack. However, some of the midrange tones were recessed a bit with each audition. The attack of the notes was diminished which provided a more mellow sound that might be appealing if matched with another type of speaker.

Analog input:
  • It may be heretical to say, I stopped listening to vinyl 30 years ago and finally sold my vinyl equipment and records just before the pandemic. Therefore, I did not have an opportunity to test the CYRUS ONE HD phono input.
  • My best analog output might be from my Cayin n6ii E02 but the E02 only has balanced output and the CYRUS ONE HD does not have a balanced input.
  • I output the SMSL SU-8 (unfair for many reasons) into Input #6 on the CYRUS ONE HD and found the sound a bit bright and the detail of the sound lacking. To test further, I immediately compared the SMSL SU8 plugged into the matching DA-8S ; the brightness was diminished and greater detail was presented. However, the CYRUS ONE HD generally performed better in other areas compared to the SMSL stack so I expect that a better test would show the CYRUS ONE HD as favorable with analog input.
  • Note: I find that listeners often get favorable and unfavorable impressions by proper and improper equipment pairings. I once owned a Burson DAC and Headphone Amp and observed the same. Pairing the two was sweet but separating and connecting to other equipment was not.

Last comments:
  • At 25% volume, the inefficient Audioengine HDP6 engaged and seemed impressive to me. The CYRUS ONE HD should have ample power for most desktop speakers and also for many floor mount speaker systems.
  • The dynamics are good but the micro details are not readily apparent. I don’t think micro details can be revealed better with similarly priced equipment. Equipment starting at 2x the price of the CYRUS ONE HD might be required for greater micro detail of sound. Other speakers might also help.
  • The volume match for the headphones and the speakers may be a problem for some. The best use is to turn down the volume before plugging and unplugging the headphone. An IEM/CIEM and/or a more efficient speaker might provide a better speaker and headphone volume match. A trim-pot could alleviate this but I don’t know of a manufacturer utilizing a trip-pot in an integrated amp for volume matching with headphones.
  • The inability to play DSD (** edit) might have been corrected if I had contacted Cyrus sooner and implemented the fix they provided. My guess is that DSD will work when configured correctly. (** end edit)
  • I’ve read reviews suggesting the CYRUS ONE HD is overpriced. For my listening, it is significantly better than the more affordable SMSL SU8 and DA8S stack. Sometimes you get what you pay for. The CYRUS ONE HD has a phono input and a speaker output which should prove to be of great value to many users.
  • If I were shopping for a desktop DAC/AMP, the CYRUS ONE HD would be on my shortlist.

Attachments

• CYRUS ONE HD (2).jpg
    CYRUS ONE HD (2).jpg
    719.8 KB · Views: 0
  • CYRUS ONE HD.jpg
    CYRUS ONE HD.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #54 of 57
This concludes our Loaner Program for the Cyrus ONE HD Unit.

I want to thank all of the reviewers who dutifully received, tested, photographed and reviewed the unit. All of the reviews were honest discussions of the pros and cons of the unit, and overall I think I can confidently say that the unit was very well received both to drive speakers and headphones.

I also want to thank all the reviewers for carefully shipping the unit and in a timely manner. Your services are very much appreciated by the Sponsors and I am sure by Head-Fi, the integrity of the site is elevated by your services!

I am re-launching the store this weekend, I have been travelling and getting new stock of some of the difficult to find products, but rest assured we will open this weekend through to Christmas and try to provide our services to all of you!

Sincerely
Robert
AmericaHiFi.com

Dec 1, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #55 of 57
Hello Head-Fi Members!

To celebrate the completion of our CYRUS ONE HD Loaner Program, we are pleased to promote the loaner unit and make it available.
The Cyrus ONE HD retails for $1,499 and we simply cannot discount our full priced / new units!
However - you can purchase the loaner unit from us (1 unit only!) at a substantial discount.

It is of course used, but as you can see from the reviews - works perfectly. You get the full support from the official importer of Cyrus Audio of course.

To buy this loaner unit, goto our website and select the Cyrus ONE HD unit, then simple enter code: HEADFI-USED as the discount code and you will be able to buy this used unit at a substantial discount. Shipping is Free (FedEx Ground, Domestic USA only)

You can see the details of the Cyrus ONE HD Unit here: CYRUS ONE HD
Remember to use discount code: HEADFI-USED to purchase the used/loaner unit!

And thank you to all our reviewers and Head-Fi Customers!

Sincerely
Robert
AmericaHiFi

Cyrus ONE HD 3.jpg

Dec 7, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #56 of 57
Hello Head-Fi Members!

To celebrate the completion of our CYRUS ONE HD Loaner Program, we are pleased to promote the loaner unit and make it available.
The Cyrus ONE HD retails for $1,499 and we simply cannot discount our full priced / new units!
However - you can purchase the loaner unit from us (1 unit only!) at a substantial discount.

It is of course used, but as you can see from the reviews - works perfectly. You get the full support from the official importer of Cyrus Audio of course.

To buy this loaner unit, goto our website and select the Cyrus ONE HD unit, then simple enter code: HEADFI-USED as the discount code and you will be able to buy this used unit at a substantial discount. Shipping is Free (FedEx Ground, Domestic USA only)

You can see the details of the Cyrus ONE HD Unit here: CYRUS ONE HD
Remember to use discount code: HEADFI-USED to purchase the used/loaner unit!

And thank you to all our reviewers and Head-Fi Customers!

Sincerely
Robert
AmericaHiFi

Cyrus ONE HD 3.jpg
Just a quick note - this offer is open to anyone -
A NEW Cyrus ONE HD costs: $1,499 (yes we have stock!)

As described above, I have this one (used!) unit, and to purchase the used unit, simply select the Cyrus ONE HD and then use code: HEADFI-USED for a $500 discount!

Good Luck
Robert

Jan 22, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #57 of 57
Just a quick note - this offer is open to anyone -
A NEW Cyrus ONE HD costs: $1,499 (yes we have stock!)

As described above, I have this one (used!) unit, and to purchase the used unit, simply select the Cyrus ONE HD and then use code: HEADFI-USED for a $500 discount!

Good Luck
Robert
We still have this USED Cyrus One HD Unit in stock, fully functional - obviously it is the review unit that you see in this thread.
You can view it on our site here: https://americahifi.com/shop/ols/products/cyrus-one-hd

If you are interested, you can order directly on our site as indicated, and use the discount code HEADFI-USED for the discounted/used unit! Good Luck.
Robert
AmericaHiFi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back