New Liquid Lightning Release for Fall 2014
Aug 11, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #17 of 28
  Alex, is the LL2T with tubes related to the (spectacular) prototype electrostatic amp you brought to the Bay Area meet in February?

Yes, it is that same amp with the additional features noted in the first post. We called that amp Liquid Silk, but that name is retired because both amps are really just different versions of the LL and both should retain the name.

Aug 16, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #18 of 28
Is this still wired with JPS?

Also are the changes similar to going from the SS exstata to hybrid Exstata?

http://www.cavalliaudio.com/diy/exstata/main.php?page=schematics/hybrid

This popped up while I was looking for 6s4a tubes
tongue.gif

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #19 of 28
I've spent the last two weeks auditioning the Liquid Lightning MK II t. This amp is truly breathtaking.  The sound signature is open, detailed, and transparent. One of the most impressive qualities is the separation of each instrument, which is clearly delineated within the soundstage. Alex has hit the ball out of the park with this version of the Liquid Lightning. My SR-009's sing! 

Sep 8, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #20 of 28
  Is this still wired with JPS?

Also are the changes similar to going from the SS exstata to hybrid Exstata?

http://www.cavalliaudio.com/diy/exstata/main.php?page=schematics/hybrid

This popped up while I was looking for 6s4a tubes
tongue.gif

Hmmm. For some reason not getting notified.

In the sense that the primary voltage handling devices are swapped for the tubes yes. But there are so many differences it's only really a resemblance.

Still wired with JPS labs alumiloy. Each amp comes with a certified alumiloy sticker on the back panel. :)

Sep 8, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #21 of 28
  I've spent the last two weeks auditioning the Liquid Lightning MK II t. This amp is truly breathtaking.  The sound signature is open, detailed, and transparent. One of the most impressive qualities is the separation of each instrument, which is clearly delineated within the soundstage. Alex has hit the ball out of the park with this version of the Liquid Lightning. My SR-009's sing! 

Thanks.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #22 of 28

Just wanted to add that I concur wholeheartedly.  Traditionally, I have not been a huge fan of the 009, as I prefer a properly driven 007 Mk I instead.  But, given what I've heard, this *might* just have been the right audition to turn me around on the 009.  Impressive.  Most impressive.

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #23 of 28

Just wanted to add that I concur wholeheartedly.  Traditionally, I have not been a huge fan of the 009, as I prefer a properly driven 007 Mk I instead.  But, given what I've heard, this *might* just have been the right audition to turn me around on the 009.  Impressive.  Most impressive.

I found it also did a fantastic job with my 007 MkI's too. But side by side, the 009s take it for me pretty much every time. A very good step up from the LL1 to my ears.

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #24 of 28
Nov 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #25 of 28
I had a chance to audition the LL2T a few days last week and over the weekend.  I must say, that the LL2T is a high performance amplifier, rather like a Ferrari in that it responds very quickly to changes in source material and to very slight changes with a 30 band equalizer I use.  There is no question that the clarity, detail and tonal balance to the LL2T are superb.  I was able to hear new details from recordings that had heretofore been hidden.  I especially appreciated some well controlled tube like warmth from the LL2T.  It's been two years since the Tyll Hertsens Inner Fidelity review of amps for the SR-009.  Since then, Alex has been busy improving on the design to the point where I think this third iteration could well be the reference standard for stats amps.  

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #26 of 28
Hello folks. Just FYI to anyone who might be interested in one of the latest LL2T amps. There are only 2 left in this current production run and we have not yet determined when we will make another run. So if you want one.....................
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #27 of 28
One more post....

The LL2T run has been sold out for the number of units we had planned to make. However, we always order extra parts for all the obvious reasons and when a run is sold out we check the inventory to see if it's possible to build any more amps.

Turns out we can build one more LL2T (either tube or SS). So if anyone wants one before they are gone.......................

Jan 16, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #28 of 28
After an all-to-brief tease a few years ago,
I'm very pleased to have acquired one of these for my very own.
Proud new owner of 2T #27 (solid-state) checking in
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back