New LCD 2 owner V LCD 3
May 10, 2013 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ericpwiseguy

Head-Fier
 Just wanted to post as a longtime audiophile I live in Baltimore, Gramophone is now a dealer for Audeze to my surprise I walked in and  they have a 2  & 3 on display the 2"s are all the latest manufactured this March ,2013  ( we called Audeze to clarify with the serial #... So anyway I auditioned both blindly for a few hours with John and we played them thru there Mcintosh pre with headphone out  from there meridian player as a source I A/b'ed  them back and fourth same track over and over and over and over... I simply wanted to pick the ones that sounded the best with out looking out which phones I was listening to. 

I picked the 2's after hours of listening... it goes to show you let your ears do the buying... I have not yet bought a amp or dac and am simply running them thru my dragonfly which is less than the recommended 1 watt... with hd tracks on my macbook pro... and it sounds glorious.. almost makes me wonder if the upgrade ( pan am, international or any other upgrade is worth it... as I want a portable set up and the form factor of the dragonfly is perfect and clean and easy.

let your ears do the shopping. just figure I would share my experience asI wanted the 3's and was prepared to buy them  but my ears refused to like them as much as the 2's contrary to all the threads I have read and this makes make me wonder. As a audiophile of 25 years did I miss something?  or should I just be happy my ears like the cheaper phones.  

I simply went to radio shack and bought a adapter to 3.5mm to plug into the dragonfly it even sounds good into my iphone 5 (respectable that is) 

May 10, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #3 of 6
Kinda hard to do blind testing as LCD-3 pads are noticeably softer? Anyway, different tastes for different people, what's so strange about that? I needed five minutes to figure out LCD-3 were better to me, noticeably more open sounding etc.

May 10, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #4 of 6
Not all LCD2's have hard pads. My LCD2.2's have very soft pads but my older LCD2.1's did have very firm pads.
Big difference between the two.

May 11, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
 Just wanted to post as a longtime audiophile I live in Baltimore, Gramophone is now a dealer for Audeze to my surprise I walked in and  they have a 2  & 3 on display the 2"s are all the latest manufactured this March ,2013  ( we called Audeze to clarify with the serial #... So anyway I auditioned both blindly for a few hours with John and we played them thru there Mcintosh pre with headphone out  from there meridian player as a source I A/b'ed  them back and fourth same track over and over and over and over... I simply wanted to pick the ones that sounded the best with out looking out which phones I was listening to. 

I picked the 2's after hours of listening... it goes to show you let your ears do the buying... I have not yet bought a amp or dac and am simply running them thru my dragonfly which is less than the recommended 1 watt... with hd tracks on my macbook pro... and it sounds glorious.. almost makes me wonder if the upgrade ( pan am, international or any other upgrade is worth it... as I want a portable set up and the form factor of the dragonfly is perfect and clean and easy.

let your ears do the shopping. just figure I would share my experience asI wanted the 3's and was prepared to buy them  but my ears refused to like them as much as the 2's contrary to all the threads I have read and this makes make me wonder. As a audiophile of 25 years did I miss something?  or should I just be happy my ears like the cheaper phones.  

I simply went to radio shack and bought a adapter to 3.5mm to plug into the dragonfly it even sounds good into my iphone 5 (respectable that is) 

Could you be more specific about the differences between the two for you personally?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back