New laptop and headphones what amp? and a few other quesitons.
Aug 30, 2007 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DoYouRight

Headphoneus Supremus
I just ordered a Dell XPS M1330 (actually on the 12th, but they take 5-6 weeks as the demand is so high right now) and a pair of HD595 as I gave up (atleast for the time being) trying to find the red anniversary ones.

Now, the xps has onboard hd 2.0 audio with some creative software or something. But I know that will probably suck mucho. So my question is what should I do first?

Buy a total bithead, meier corda move, or a external soundcard?

I will be using the headphones for classical, some rap, classic rock, and a whole bunch of random stuff. Also, to watch movies (hd dvds by the way of my 360 hd dvd player) and some anime. I will play the occasional fps game so soundstage and accuracy is important.

The only headphones I have to compare are the Sennheiser PC155 headset, Icemat Siberia Headset, and my shure e3g's. Is the bass in the 595s weaker than the pc155s?

Thanks for any help.

PS: I plan on getting the DT770/80ohm next then work my way up to more expensive headphones so that i dont just buy something like the HD650s and not appreciate how well they sound.

Aug 30, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 4
I managed to get the very last HPDac from MisterX. I use it with my work laptop. I love it just as much as my XP amp for my iPod.

Aug 30, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 4
I hear that the 595s need a warm amp I dont know exactly what that means. I have never used +100 headphones but have heard great speakers. Is that amp warm?

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 4
I hope the sound isn't as bad as the Inspiron i sent back.. that was intolerable. Constant whining noise from the headphone jack, even when muted. bleh. I sent mine back for a refund.
I'm told it's common to all Core 2 laptops
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back