New Koss fullsize headphone MV1
May 24, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 10
And these too: http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^fs^PRO4AAAT

They look open, but they imply they are not, so maybe semi-sealed.

Go KOSS! Looks like they listened when I asked why with the amazing success of their low end headphones they didn't have a high-end offering.

May 24, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 10
Hey, those look pretty nice... I wonder how they sound? Oh man, what if they're one big comfy closed KSC35? That'd be dreamy!

May 24, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #5 of 10
They look like they're closed, that'd be one major Kramer mod to drill a hole through them. Wonder how they sound...

May 24, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #6 of 10
The open one looks nice. The closed one looks like turds.

Hmm.. nice price too.. $150 for an improved, refined, comfortable KSC-75 isn't that bad - that is, if my assumptions are true
smily_headphones1.gif

Someone be the guinea pig
tongue.gif

May 24, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #7 of 10
Snip...

"A one-inch diameter oxygen-free copper voice coil improves signal transmission and conduction for an accurate and precise sound reproduction. Computer optimized ferrite magnet structures provide deep bass and treble clarity."

1 INCH DIA VOICE COIL!!! Certainly its not a KSC75/35 driver... at 250 ohms.

The AAAT looks interesting... open back too!!
PRO4AAAT_1.jpg

Google searching either gives a bunch of German www sites.... Bummers...

Someone... take a hit for the team!!
Garrett

May 24, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #8 of 10
Hmmm...if the first ones are open, why would this be in the description?

"Closed, vinyl Pneumalite™ ear cushions seal tightly around the ear for improved isolation and maximum bass."

I mean, they certainly look open. Maybe it's like the DT660, where it looks open but is actually closed?

May 24, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #9 of 10
The closed ones do look a tad weird. But it's not about looks now is it.

Someone buy them and try them and report back.

May 24, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disiskurt
Hmmm...if the first ones are open, why would this be in the description?

"Closed, vinyl Pneumalite™ ear cushions seal tightly around the ear for improved isolation and maximum bass."

I mean, they certainly look open. Maybe it's like the DT660, where it looks open but is actually closed?

I think they just copied the text from the ProAAT to the ProAAAT without really thinking about it. You can see from the look of the cushions that they are not the 'closed, vinyl pneumalite' cushions found on the ProAAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back