New Koss earbuds
Jun 24, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #16 of 17
Yeah, saw these Koss at Walmart a week or so back too. Tried, like the rest of ya'll, to look them up online, with no luck either. I did not notice the notification on the box that stated Walmart exclusive...that would have made alot of sense when I couldn't find them online...hehe.

Ah well...good to see that I wasn't losing my mind...any more than usual.

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I will. I ecently bought another pair of marshmallows(in case my current ones broke) and was disappointed that they were FX-34 instead of FX-33. The 34 is nowhere near as good as the 33 in fit. The foam is completely changed. Instead of four large, pointy shaped tips you get two smaller tips and two larger tips. Both are more rounded and do not sit as deep in the ear canal. The isolation was OK but the fit didn't feel as good as the 33. I liked the deeper canal fit b/c of isolation and comfort. The 33s almost never feel like they'll come out.

I do like the way the RP-HJE300 looks. Looks like the ear tip kinda bends where it goes into the ear for a snug, deep fit. Plus they have the rubber/silicone tips.

The RP-HJE300s are SQ wise MUCH better than the FX-33 id say its on the same level with the cx-300 SQ wise but these iems don't isolate all that much they muffle the sounds around you but not completely id say -15db sounds right and the pics online don't do these things justice there chrome in color and are REALLY comfortable. The first day i got them and used them until i fell asleep but forgot to take them out the next morning i work up and was like What is that sound coming form my computer but its off. Then i realized the buds were still in my ear these are ridiculously comfortable oh and if you chose to purchase these remove the filter it opens them up more.

for more info on them check out AnGeLiCbOrIs's great comparison http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/can...0-fx77-263731/

these are so unsung heros of the cheap iem world they deserve more credit
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back