New José González - 'In Our Nature'
Oct 1, 2007 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Basshead Jazz

Head-Fier
I enjoyed José's last LP, 'Veneer', a lot and is one of my favorite albums released in the last five years. That album was essentially stripped-down to just acoustic guitars and insightful lyrics without being pretentious and sappy unlike other folk songs. He also has a knack of covering other artist's songs (The Knife's 'Heartbeats', Kylie Minogue's 'Hand In Your Heart'), strip them from their electronic back beats and made them into something that sounded really meaningful.

He carries his sound much further with his new LP 'In Our Nature' that was just released last week. This time, José not only improved on his work but their are some stubble additions of percussion on a few tracks and other elements throughout while not straying too far from the warmth and intimacy that made 'Veneer' well regarded by many. Standout songs include 'Down The Line', 'Killing For Love', and a recorded version of a concert favorite, Massive Attack's 'Teardrop'. All in all, another solid release from José González that should please his fans.

And in even better news, I just bought tickets to see José González live, this coming sunday (10.07) at The Showbox in Seattle. Can't wait to see him.

Check him out here: http://www.myspace.com/josegonzalez

Users who are viewing this thread

Back