New iSkin case for 2nd gen Nano and iPods
Jan 14, 2007 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

4metta

100+ Head-Fier
Most iPod and Nano owners already know about iSkin cases. They are the bomb. But there are always new owners asking for case recommendations. So here is mine: iSkin. You can order from them directly or from the Apple store online which usually gives free shipping although you have to wait a bit for the newer styles. Try the stores. ISkin has had some cases out for the new Nanos for a while but these new limited edition ones are my fave:

iSkin Special Edition cases

The Nano is completely enveloped, including the clickwheel. There is a removeable hard plastic shell for the front. Everything is easily washable with diswashing soap and water.
A1.jpg

I REALLY like their removeable belt clips cause you can click them to any angle you prefer. I always put it completely sideways in the gym and it keeps my Nano out of the way...ALSO when you remove the belt clip you are left with a smooth silicon sleeve with no hard parts to scratch anything. It's really a nifty design. I will stack it clipless on top of my Tomahawk.
A3.jpg

Here's the page that lists all their different case styles for all kinds of old and new iPods and Nanos:

http://www.iskin.com/products.tpl?ca...88148293349925

Jan 14, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #2 of 34
Don't forget to view the galleries (up top in the pages) for nice pics on the cases. I like the Claro version of the Special Edition case for the video iPods that adds a hard plastic that props up your ipod to view videos...

A5.jpg

Jan 15, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 34
Is there any way to remove the kickstand on the Claro? I really like the silicon/hard plastic design, but the kickstand would just get in my way.

If that doesn't work I'll go with my original plan of a BSE and a zCover.

Jan 15, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #4 of 34
It doesn't look like it. You could just get the case without the Claro but still some plastic called the Evo3. It's the version with the standard removeable belt clip on the bottom of the page. Here's the page of the colored ones that makes the Visor easier to see...

http://www.iskin.com/evo3/index.tpl?...88148293349925

Jan 19, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #5 of 34
Just a quick post to say I received the nano case today and am blown away by how nice it is!! My favorite part is the clickwheel cover. It's actually part of the case-not a separate attachment. And it REALLY enhances control of the clickwheel. I prefer it to using it naked.

This is my first case iSkin purchased since I bought one for my 3rd gen iPod way back when those were out. And I can't believe that they have managed to improve on their already stellar quality like they have. It's sitting pretty on top of my Tomahawk right now. (I really need to borrow a friend's digital camera to snap pics of my rig.

TWO THUMBS UP!! Check it out guys.

Jan 20, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 34
I was planning on buying a Claro for my future iPod, but the K81DJ's headphone jack won't fit into the opening they put on it, and there's no way I'm buying an extension! Now it's down to either the Contour Showcase and the Agent 18 VideoShield. Anyone have any experience with either of those that can give me some recommendations? Thanks.

Jan 20, 2007 at 7:42 AM Post #7 of 34
The Contour Showcase has a pretty wide opening for the headphone jack. Whether or not the K81's would fit, I wouldn't know.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #9 of 34
I would like to get one of the iSkin Duo cases for my new Nano but they are not available yet.
frown.gif

For those that have both an iSkin case for their Nano and an ALO line out dock, is there any problem with the fit of the LOD?

Also, has anyone checked out one of the cases from zofunk? http://www.zofunk.com/nano_case_2G_red.asp If so, are they any good, or should I just wait for the iSkin Duo to become available?

There are so many case choices out there! I've also checked into the Agent 18s, the Contour Showcase, the Core cases, iTank cases, etc., etc. I can't decide, and it is hard to choose just from looking at pictures and reading reviews.
plainface.gif

Holly

Jan 26, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by benton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much are they paying you?
wink.gif

Umm, is that directed at me?
confused.gif
If so, what do you mean?

Holly

Jan 26, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #12 of 34
Gonna recommend the Iskin, I just placed an order like 3 weeks ago for them and wish I had waited beacuse I'm about to order the black ones.... If anyone wants mine I can sell mine! Currently at work, pictures on request
wink.gif

Also, on the Iskin, they leave the bottom part naked so there isnt any interfearance for a LOD. This is for the nano at least. On the videos, theres a flap. It'll fit, and you can even cut the flap off.

Jan 26, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #13 of 34
Good to know that an LOD will fit without any problems - thanks for the info, Etrips.

I wish iSkin would give a clue as to how long it will be before the iSkin Duo is available. Patience when I have a new toy to "outfit" is NOT one of my virtues, obviously.
rolleyes.gif

Holly

Jan 26, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by OakIris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm, is that directed at me?
confused.gif
If so, what do you mean?

Holly

I was directing it towards the thread starter because it seemed like an advertisement. It was a little joke after reading the thread about asking if you think people push products here.

Anyways, I am perfectly suffice with my countour showcase, but that case really does look nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back