NEW iQube V3 is coming!!!!
Oct 4, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #16 of 38

Quote:
I am just curious, why don't you make the battery user replaceable or, at least, sell the replacement battery??

As with all rechargeable batteries, they have a limited lifespan but I would like to keep my iQube with me forever without the need to send it back to Netherlands every few years (especially if I use it everyday). It is pretty far and costly.

Yup I too hope that the low volume imbalance issue will be resolved =)

I'll probably void my own warranty by saying this, but when they say that the v2 batteries are not user replaceable, they are simply being over-cautious.  In actuality, the case is quite easy to open and you can easily swap out the batteries.  I put Eneloops in mine.  I completely understand Qables not wanting people to open these up to reduce risk of damaging something inside.  But if you've ever worked on a PC before to upgrade your hard drive or memory, this is far easier.  You just need to make sure that things line up when you screw it back together.  I don't want to encourage people to do this; I just want to put a realistic perspective on it.  Plus, considering that even the stock NiMH batteries in this thing will last far longer than the warranty on this unit, by the time you need to crack it open to replace the batteries it will probably not be covered anyway.

I'm conflicted about this new v3, having just gotten the v2 several months ago.  I love the sound and build of the v2.  But being able to charge via USB while using the line in would be nice- though not really crucial given the decent battery life.  And it would be cool to feed the new Toslink in with my Fostex HP-P1.  The form factor of the v2/3 is perfect- I think.  The vast majority of people use iPods (even here) and the length matches up perfectly with the Touch so that the bands don't block the screen.

As for the volume imbalance, I haven't really noticed it on mine until you guys brought it up.  (Thanks! 
tongue.gif
)  Luckily for me, it's not too much of an issue- even with IEMs.

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #17 of 38
will there be any change with regards to its dac?

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #20 of 38

Quote:
Hey
Questions about digital inputs
If iqube takes in digital inputs from coaxal or optical, will it go over the dac seciton before it go through class D amp?
Bests

Yes it will go over the dac section.

You can read up more on what a DAC is all about before you decide to buy one 
regular_smile%20.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital-to-analog_converter

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #21 of 38

Quote:
Yes it will go over the dac section.

You can read up more on what a DAC is all about before you decide to buy one 
regular_smile%20.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital-to-analog_converter

Thank you.
Based on my understanding the class D amp takes digital signal as input.
So I was wondering if it can take the digital input from coaxal directly. Sounds like it has to go through a D/A in DAC and a A/D before entering the class d amp.
Am I correct? 

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #22 of 38

Quote:
Thank you.
Based on my understanding the class D amp takes digital signal as input.
So I was wondering if it can take the digital input from coaxal directly. Sounds like it has to go through a D/A in DAC and a A/D before entering the class d amp.
Am I correct? 

No. The difference between Class A/B/AB/C/D amps is how they use power.

DAC and Amps are two separate things.

DAC converts digital to analogue signal thats why they are called D-A-C (digital to analogue converter)

Amp amplifies signal thats why they are called AMPLIFIER.

Nov 22, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #23 of 38
A class D amplifier is indeed not a 'digital' amplifier.

Although sometimes called like that by some people. But they refer to the fact that the analogue signal is transposed onto a higher frequency signal.

So the digital signal first goes through the DAC for conversion to analogue and that is then fed to the class D amplifier.

Rgds

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #25 of 38
Hello all - first post.

Does V3 decode DTS, DTS-HD, and advanced AC3 signals? If so, how does it do it - downmix to stereo after decoding or put AC3 encoding on multi-channel and S/PDIF it into the amp stage?

Thanks

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #29 of 38
What about the introductory pricing for head-fi members?!?

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back