New iPods
Oct 27, 2004 at 1:45 AM Post #46 of 101
I for one actually really like the U2 iPod... the only problem is that it's in UGA colors and I go to Georgia Tech... that discounts it right away
biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2004 at 2:09 AM Post #48 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Darn that U2 look! I thought the black would do it for me but that just doesn't work. Maybe it's the red wheel? Then to see the sigs on the back really turned me off.

It'd be nice if you bought it from the Apple store and you could use the custom engraving option to take that muck off...
biggrin.gif

I think the goth black-with-red-lipstick look would appeal much more to Cure fans too...
tongue.gif

Oct 27, 2004 at 2:15 AM Post #49 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by djgustashaw
I for one actually really like the U2 iPod... the only problem is that it's in UGA colors and I go to Georgia Tech... that discounts it right away
biggrin.gif

That's it!! UGA colors! I knew there was something I couldn't stand.

Oct 27, 2004 at 3:20 AM Post #50 of 101
I am so-so on the Color Screen and Photo capability of the new Pods, but I am considering making the move to the 60GB unit from my 40GB so that I can have nearly all of my collection in Lossless with me at all times. It is getting to the point where the Sensa 2X-S really do bring out the detail and clarity that is lacking in AAC/MP3 compression (and I have most of my tracks in 256 AAC from original CDs).

I am guessing I can recover most of the cost of my 4G 40GB were I to sell it soon...

Oct 27, 2004 at 3:32 AM Post #51 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmascatello
I am so-so on the Color Screen and Photo capability of the new Pods, but I am considering making the move to the 60GB unit from my 40GB so that I can have nearly all of my collection in Lossless with me at all times. It is getting to the point where the Sensa 2X-S really do bring out the detail and clarity that is lacking in AAC/MP3 compression (and I have most of my tracks in 256 AAC from original CDs).

I am guessing I can recover most of the cost of my 4G 40GB were I to sell it soon...

I wish my lossless collection would fit on a 60GB but it seems that I'm currently at 275GB, just about 11,000 songs.

Oct 27, 2004 at 3:47 AM Post #52 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
I wish my lossless collection would fit on a 60GB but it seems that I'm currently at 275GB, just about 11,000 songs.

damn, that's a lot of songs in lossless!! my lossless collection is about 45GB, so a 60GB iPod would be good for a while. I don't want to pay $600 for one though, that is a bit too much.

--Andrew

Oct 27, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #53 of 101
Just wait till HP jumps on it. If HP came out with one tomorrow, the way things look at staples, it would be....

$600 for the player
-$35 for the education discount pricematch
-$30 for the $30 off $150 coupon
-$75 (3x$25 staples gift certificates)
-$63.50 (10% staples business cash back rewards)
-$63.50 (Discover card 10% cash back when buying from staples)

Brings the price down to $408, plus you get $75 worth of gift certificates, which you can use towards purchasing the staples extended warranty and whatever else you need. I know the extra year was $30 for my 20g, I think it's about $50 for anything over $500. Not too shabby, huh?

Oct 27, 2004 at 5:14 AM Post #54 of 101
okay im gonna go against the norm and say...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SPECIAL EDITION IPOD! black rocksssss. white makes it look so gay and girly.
but too bad i dont like the idea of having to go through so much trouble to replace batteries, subpar recording quality (compared to MDs) and high price point.

anybody wants to buy me one?
icon10.gif
argh please stop me from buying toys my wallet cant take it anymore noooooooooooooooooooo

[size=xx-small]now seriously, if someone can buy one on my behalf in the USA with student discount (i am a student) & ship it to me i would consider it..damnit im sucker for sexy toys..[/size]

Oct 27, 2004 at 5:32 AM Post #56 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by knuxed
and this is my Ipod Sock

iPodSock.jpg

Just kidin,found this off the net

protection & design at its best! not to mention the stench will drive possible robbers away! brilliant!
icon10.gif

Oct 27, 2004 at 11:57 AM Post #58 of 101
The U2 ipod looks really bad. i'm assuming the colors have a meaning to the band fans?

Will there be a Moby Grape special edition in purple? Or The Band in pink? Or Miles in blue?

As for the 60-I have no use for the photo feature, but 60 gigs is tempting.

M

Oct 27, 2004 at 2:09 PM Post #59 of 101
Not everyone has the -75$ gift certificates. Also I never really like HP stuff, had bad experiences with those already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entropism
Just wait till HP jumps on it. If HP came out with one tomorrow, the way things look at staples, it would be....

$600 for the player
-$35 for the education discount pricematch
-$30 for the $30 off $150 coupon
-$75 (3x$25 staples gift certificates)
-$63.50 (10% staples business cash back rewards)
-$63.50 (Discover card 10% cash back when buying from staples)

Brings the price down to $408, plus you get $75 worth of gift certificates, which you can use towards purchasing the staples extended warranty and whatever else you need. I know the extra year was $30 for my 20g, I think it's about $50 for anything over $500. Not too shabby, huh?

Oct 27, 2004 at 2:25 PM Post #60 of 101
No, see.... They GIVE you the gift certificates when you order it. You don't have to have them already. Check the fatwallet forums for more details. The gift certificates are an item number you add to the order for $25, then with a coupon code, you get them for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back