New Ipod
Jul 19, 2007 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Chrispy

100+ Head-Fier
Apple says they will send a replacement ipod (mine is 30gig 5th gen) for 129 for out of warranty ipods.

Does anyone know if this is a refurbished one or a new one?

Jul 19, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 9
My 20gb 2g was replaced with a refurbished one, but the appearance was indistinguishable from when it was new

Jul 19, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 9
Refurbished could be someone bought one and returned it. It's just not brandy new. When I first saw your post I thought NEW iPod. Gen 6
cool.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by lextek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Refurbished could be someone bought one and returned it. It's just not brandy new. When I first saw your post I thought NEW iPod. Gen 6
cool.gif

oops, sorry to me misleading. I wish there was a Gen 6 on the way.

Ive been considereing sending it in becuase it is just very worn down, and I think there might be something wrong on the inside.

Jul 20, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrispy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oops, sorry to me misleading. I wish there was a Gen 6 on the way.

Ive been considereing sending it in becuase it is just very worn down, and I think there might be something wrong on the inside.

My friend got a 5.5g when he sent in his 3g - might have been an extended warranty or such. Atleast consider waiting a bit, swapping for a new OSX touchscreen ipod seems tempting ^^

Jul 20, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #6 of 9
Almost always refurb, but in some cases they actually strip mint, brand new models of their retail packaging and put it in the refurb box, something you can take advantage of with some clever timing
biggrin.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 9
I bought my 8GB Nano right after christmas. I asked in apple store for an open item and they sold me it for a cheaper price. It was brand new, even sealed. Then i asked the seller why it was an open box if it was sealed. He said that it was returned unopen christmas gift ...
icon10.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Almost always refurb, but in some cases they actually strip mint, brand new models of their retail packaging and put it in the refurb box, something you can take advantage of with some clever timing
biggrin.gif

I've had that happen to me. I took the 5G 30GB iPod with a broken HD back, and came home with a sealed 5.5G.

And for anybody who worries about the refurbed iPods: don't. I asked the apple store here and they said that the ratio of non-refurbed:refurbed iPods taken in is about 30:1. I would guess that this roughly matches the proportion of them out there.

Jul 20, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought my 8GB Nano right after christmas. I asked in apple store for an open item and they sold me it for a cheaper price. It was brand new, even sealed. Then i asked the seller why it was an open box if it was sealed. He said that it was returned unopen christmas gift ...
icon10.gif

So I should wait for right after Christmas? hmmm

also, can you just take it to an apple store, and not have to pay shipping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back