New IPod with custom EQ?
Oct 13, 2005 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

PouncePony

100+ Head-Fier
Does the new IPod have a custom EQ capability?

The quote below was taken from an IPod Feature List at Apple's website. Select setting and the text below is displayed.

Quote:

Customize menus, check capacity, change your language, change how your iPod sounds and more, all from the Settings menu. Click About to see how many songs are on your iPod and how much capacity you have left. Click Main Menu to select what items appear in your Main Menu. Or tweak the built-in equalizer to suit your songs. Everything you need to personalize your iPod — from the backlight timer to clicker sound effects — appears in Settings.

Pony

Oct 13, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #4 of 12
"Tweak the built-in equalizer to suit your songs. "

Notice the word Built-In? It means preset EQ.

Oct 13, 2005 at 6:52 AM Post #5 of 12
Looks like I won't be getting it then
frown.gif

Oct 13, 2005 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpian007
Looks like I won't be getting it then
frown.gif

Nor I. And this could have been my first iPod, sorry to learn that they are still missing the boat on this. The oversight is just too glaring to have been made accidentally so I assume that the lack of custom EQ settings is intentional... wonder why they insist on leaving this feature out?

Oct 16, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic
Nor I. And this could have been my first iPod, sorry to learn that they are still missing the boat on this. The oversight is just too glaring to have been made accidentally so I assume that the lack of custom EQ settings is intentional... wonder why they insist on leaving this feature out?

cmon we all know the answer to this one apple simply doesn't want to confuse there general audience, ipods are generally sold to people who are comp illiterate and need things "done" for them. Simplicity does greatly affect overall performance
etysmile.gif

Oct 16, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #10 of 12
^ Really! Illiterate people can still understand the concept of eq - CD players have them!

Do you have a stereo in your car? "turn the bass up"

I said it before, I'll say it again. Apple will only introduce a feature if rivals are gaining enough ground or its financially viable; colour screen, photo viewing and now video

Oct 16, 2005 at 8:58 PM Post #11 of 12
For whatever its worth, I found the Zen's EQ very marginally useful... no great loss imo.

Oct 16, 2005 at 9:33 PM Post #12 of 12
My opinion is exactly the opposite - it *is* a big loss. I consider a customizable EQ absolutely essential in a DAP and find the Micro's to be an integral part of tailoring the sound to my cans and to my liking. I'm in the camp who might have considered buying the new 5G iPod *if* it had this feature. Now I won't. Apple dropped the ball on this again IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back