new ipod pictures
May 7, 2003 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Loud_TIGER

Head-Fier
my friend just got her new 10GB ipod in today and i decided to take some pics!

here they are

P1010212.jpg

P1010213.jpg

P1010214.jpg

P1010211.jpg

P1010210.jpg

May 8, 2003 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 4
yup. gumstick was in it, along with a disc.

what i've noticed so far...
the pop between tracks on the iPod is there. i can hear it everytime. not too big a bother though. if you're listening to music that is a continuous track (trance or techno) then it might be a bother to you. on my MD there is no gap; it's totally seamless.

the battery life was a little disappointing. constant hard drive access while copying songs seems to really drain it. this might be due to the fact that my laptop doesn't have a powered firewire port. i understand the firewire ports on all macs are powered? anyway, copying music seemed to drain a lot of battery power.

one last gripe is the bass. i've been messing with the EQ settings, but i can't get the sound as clean as on my N1. there's either not enough bass, or it's distorted and garbled. i might have to mess with it some more; havent been in posession of it for that long. this is on my Sony V6s. it happens on all the songs i've loaded. on my N1, the sound is clean and the bass hits hard, without any distortion whatsoever. maybe i'll try different headphones.

few other comments:
the file transfer is impressively fast, and xplay works flawlessly! (i didnt try musicmatch) much faster and easier transfer; good drag and drop ability. shows up as an extra drive under " My Computer ". the backlit screen is also very very nice, something my N1 lacks. we only have the backlight on the remote. i like how the white-ish backlight fades in and out. definitely a very nice touch. the touch buttons also seem to have a good feel, and it's easy to press what u want. the simulated clicks for the wheel were kinda cool at first, but now they're a little annoying. you can turn off the sound though.

very impressive little machine. i'm surprised at how small it is! navigation system on the easily readable screen isn't bad either; the menus are a little complicated, but you get used to it quick. it lacks the simple and quick interface of the N1, but that's because it has to be able to manage many more songs.

i have a very positive impression so far. i have one more week with this thing until i need to give it back to my friend, so i may be putting my MD aside for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back