New iPod, new earphones...
Aug 4, 2008 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Nem

New Head-Fier
I just recently bought myself an ipod touch and will be buying a pair of earphones for them but given that I dont know much about the subject, im not sure which to go for

my options atm are etymotic er6i's or shure se210s

theyre the only 2 which ive read anything about, but which would you recommend?
and are there any other good alternatives around the same price point? i cant stretch much higher than the cost of the se210s

my choice in music varies alot, but more often than not it comes down to heavy metal, progressive rock, or acoustic guitar instrumental

so can anyone recommend a good pair of earphones for me?

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #2 of 3
Pick your poison, they are both good for the price.

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #3 of 3
I have the exact same setup with the touch and both the er6i and se210. For more "fun" listening I like the SE210 a little better, especially for music with bass, but the ER6i sounds a lot more detailed to me while lacking a little in comparison for "fun" factor.

If you're open to putting up $8-$13 for the cheap but still enjoyable Fiio E3 amp (I just received mine) then combining the er6i with this amp produces the best combination, at least for me, by adding some energy to the etys. I'm pretty new to all this stuff and both are good phones, just for different tastes. Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back