Originally Posted by luidge
Publicity stunt

Old nano:
3.5"x1.6"x0.27"

New nano:
3.5"x1.6"x0.26"

Wow, 0,01"

Yeah honey you realy getting thiner and thiner

What a pile of bunk from Apple. Why are all these people who already have nano's buying another? Is'nt there anything else out there that intrests you?

Sep 14, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

What a pile of bunk from Apple. Why are all these people who already have nano's buying another? Is'nt there anything else out there that intrests you?

Should we ask you before we buy things to see if it is OK? What do you care how people spend their money?

[size=xx-small]I am keeping my 4 Gig iPod Mini, but people can do whatever they want[/size]

Sep 14, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #20 of 30
Who cares about the size reduction, I wonder does it sound like the 5th Gen Ipod. I am guessing it does which will be a nice touch.

Sep 14, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO
Are the nanos available in store yet?

i imagine most of them have it...i picked mine up today at the sacramento store...but you should call them to make sure...they let you reserve it if they have it in stock.

btw - i just plugged in my 8GB nano to my imac and there's already a software update to the nano's software...1.01 now downloading.

Sep 14, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #23 of 30
I'm planning to pick up a new nano because my last nano was destroyed when I hit my leg into the corner of a piano at my girlfriend's house. The nano was covered with a rubber cover which I thought would protect it from impacts but it didn't help much.

Sep 14, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by renton
img2008em6.jpg

i like the look of the black plastic nano in a aluminum case

Is that a lanyard connecting to the Ipod connector? If not then what is the thing that attaches to the connector? Where can I buy one?

Sep 14, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
Any sq differences?

I'm not going to bother with sound quality tests because my needs don't require it, and because I don't have the same files on my old and new nano. But with MX400 earbuds, they sound similar.

However, looking at iLounge's dissection of the 2G nano, it appears the design is very different. The 1G uses a PortalPlayer chip. The 2G nano uses some chip with an Apple logo on it?

Sep 14, 2006 at 1:21 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
Is that a lanyard connecting to the Ipod connector? If not then what is the thing that attaches to the connector? Where can I buy one?

Well, if noone's going to answer the gent, I will. I believe you are referring to the dock connector and interconnect. A great reference for all the components for a portable rig is actually in Jahn's Sig. Check it out!

Sep 14, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #30 of 30
I just picked up an 8gb. Looks identical to a tiny mini. The exterior coating is awesome.

Anyway, I just wanted to add that I picked up a speck toughskin case not realizing that it was for the original nano. It fits the new Nano almost perfectly (if not perfectly) so I think old skins and cases should be compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back