New iPod Nano and Touch compared to other players?
Oct 29, 2012 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DannleChannel

New Head-Fier
From what I've read, the new iPod Touch uses the same Cirrus chip as the iPhone 5, so it should have better sound quality than previous models. I'm not sure what the new Nano uses.

Can anyone who's listened to these talk about how they compare to older iPod models, as well as other players (e.g. Sansa/Cowon/Sony)? I'm looking purely at sound quality in this thread.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
From what I've read, the new iPod Touch uses the same Cirrus chip as the iPhone 5, so it should have better sound quality than previous models. I'm not sure what the new Nano uses.

Can anyone who's listened to these talk about how they compare to older iPod models, as well as other players (e.g. Sansa/Cowon/Sony)? I'm looking purely at sound quality in this thread.

You might want to ask this question at the anythingbutipod websites.
This month I've gotten a Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip 4gb (with 8GB micro-SD) and Sony E465 16GB.
You can get the Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB with 16GB micro-SD for around $55
I was lucky and got my used Sony E465 16GB for under $60, on eBay.
Both seem to sound nice and can drive my 32-Ohm and 60-Ohm headphones

I've head good things about the Cowon C2.

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #3 of 4
The new Nano sounds exactly like the old one to my ears; and just the same as the Shuffle and the old iPod Touch on a flat setting.

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #4 of 4
The new iPod Nano offers more bass punch than last genres Nanos and shows great details in music (very crisp clear soundquality). iTouch offers even more details in mids, highs with little less bass than Nano. Both are very improved than last gen iPods but Nano play louder than iTouch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back