new iPod mini, need earbuds
Jan 3, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #16 of 26
how 'bout the akg k14p earbuds?...~$20 + shippin' if bought online...wouldn't be a complete loss if they weren't to your likin'...

Jan 3, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #17 of 26
I can't seem to find the EX81
confused.gif
so, you're saying that in this range they are the best for my iPod or the EX71 are?

Jan 3, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by justi
I can't seem to find the EX81
confused.gif
so, you're saying that in this range they are the best for my iPod or the EX71 are?

Not exactly, I'm just saying that IMO they work well with the ipod since they are known for their heavy bass, which compensates for the ipod's weak bass. From initial listening, the EX81 seem like they are a better balanced set of headphones than the EX71.

Jan 3, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #20 of 26
running the iPod through my 570s it didn't seem like it was weak on bass but then again I don't know if the 570s are known for heavy bass. I am just wondering if I should get the 71s or the 81s.... decisions, decisions
tongue.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #21 of 26
I have the Sony EX71s. Right now they sound really bloated, bright and harsh and a bit incoherent.

And unlike a few people, I'm not a big fan of the Sennheiser HD570s. I have their successor model, the HD555s, and I could power them directly from my 4G iPod (though they still sound better with an amp, as usual).

Jan 3, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #22 of 26
hmm really bloated, bright and harsh and a bit incoherent don't sound like a good thing
tongue.gif
what would you recommend then?

it seems like everywhere I look I get so many different reviews, my main concern with the EX81s are that I've heard they don't fit very well in some peoples ears. is there any rule of thumb that I can use to be more certain on if they will fit well or not?

I'm also hearing that the mx500s don't sound that much better than the stock ipod earbuds. I have a hard time believing it but I also have no idea.

Jan 10, 2005 at 11:17 AM Post #23 of 26
AKG K14p totally blows away the sennheiser mx500. It has a much larger and wider soundstage and its mid is more natural and forward making senn very laidback and unfocussed. The bass is tighter and not as bloated as the mx500 esp the mid-bass. The tonal range is also more balanced. IMO it's the best bud in the $30 category!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back