New ipod mini COLORS?!
Feb 24, 2005 at 7:30 AM Post #2 of 15
I doubt anyone on here actually has one yet. They just came out today. They're probably not even in most Apple stores yet.

Anyways, they're the same as the old ones, just somewhat more vibrant (except the silver, which is the same), and the icons on the clickwheel now match the player color, which is a nice touch.

Feb 24, 2005 at 9:37 AM Post #3 of 15
Sno1man just picked up a blue one. Maybe if we ask him nicely...

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108149

BTW, unless sno1man has a very accurate camera and you have a very accurate and well-calibrated monitor, it's unlikely that you'll be able to see the "true" color of the new iPods.

Feb 24, 2005 at 10:31 AM Post #4 of 15
This is also assuming that st3's monitor is calibrated to the same target calibration as well.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Feb 24, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by st3
can someone post the pictures of their new 2G ipod minis?
i want to see the BLUE and GREEN in real life pictures.

kthx.

I don't have a digital cam, but I can tell you, they are definitely richer colors. More saturated, if you will. I had my heart set on a green one, but when I went to the Apple Store last night, the blue, like Sno1man said "was just too beautiful".

Much nicer to not have the sort of washed out colors they were before. The silver's still pretty bland (I figure if you're gonna get something cool/fun like an iPod mini, may as well get something with some pizzaz, y'know?) Glad they took the "pimpin'" gold out of the lineup....

Feb 25, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #9 of 15
no.. they are not back lights
its just that the icons are the same color as the mini

good marketing technique, im sure many other people are fooled by the pictures and think minis got backlights.

nice pic btw..thanks..but im really interested in the green ones.

Feb 25, 2005 at 11:14 AM Post #11 of 15
Now that the mini has more colours, Audio Technica will need some more variations on their matched CM3 series earphones
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:03 PM Post #12 of 15
pod.jpg

Apple really has shaped up on their deliveries.. the mini 1G took 2 months to reach Sweden after its release in the US. This one took 2 days.
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:07 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by dogday
pod.jpg

Apple really has shaped up on their deliveries.. the mini 1G took 2 months to reach Sweden after its release in the US. This one took 2 days.
biggrin.gif

hey, do you use your dt880s for portable? I saw a guy in stockholm with a pair of those, probably not you, but anyway
wink.gif

Did you order your 2g like wednesday and received it today? That's pretty fast.

Feb 25, 2005 at 3:04 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodent
hey, do you use your dt880s for portable? I saw a guy in stockholm with a pair of those, probably not you, but anyway
wink.gif

No, I haven't ever used them outside, but I tried my friend Kele's Shuffle as source for them, and it surprisingly drove them to an OK volume (for being inside anyway). I'll try driving them with the mini sans volume cap later, but I doubt I'll ever take them outside.

Took another picture comparing the new green to the old:

pods.jpg

(Beta Band on the 2G and Mogwai on the 1G)

Feb 25, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by dogday
No, I haven't ever used them outside, but I tried my friend Kele's Shuffle as source for them, and it surprisingly drove them to an OK volume (for being inside anyway). I'll try driving them with the mini sans volume cap later, but I doubt I'll ever take them outside.

Took another picture comparing the new green to the old:

pods.jpg

(Beta Band on the 2G and Mogwai on the 1G)

can you please please please compare the sound between the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back