NEW iPOD 7G COMING SOON...
Jul 19, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #16 of 90
Anyone have anything to add??
How about streaming from your home source ala an iphone or touch type app??

Jul 19, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #18 of 90
Secretive lil imps at apple
leak what they want you to know and sit on the rest lol
i hate the fact i hated them for years and have gone down the whole ipod line for last few years
damn i love my iphone lmao

Jul 19, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #20 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by yourtoys7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
32GB nano ?, just predicting :>

And one day also 1TB brain implant with DAC neuronal-bypass, for shure
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #21 of 90
multi tb tech exists
university in scotland has invented the tech to do so
was reported not so long ago

Jul 19, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #23 of 90
That is one of my mantras in business design but I must admit I have changed my thoughts for iPod dev.
I used to crave neural bypass by connecting to the brain and bypassing teh ear but a new one has just been aroused.

I like the idea of listening to a track in some euphoric state (not drug indused but by a beach or waterfall or within Paris Opera House etc.). Let that experience be stored as a dream then let the iPod repeat the experience in dream time ( 3 minute song in about 2 seconds). So when you want to 'experience' the song - i.e. not just listen - all you need is a dream recalling prompt. Obviously don't do this whist driving!!

Just a late night thought!

Regards

Sceptre

Jul 19, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #26 of 90
i can see digital output happening, but that is because apple is really pushing the video aspect of ipods. If the itunes store starts selling movies with dolby digital 5.1 audio, maybe a digital output will finally happen. Lots of people use ipods as a source in there home theater setup and use the video feature a lot... maybe we can take advantage of that digital output for our music.

Jul 19, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #27 of 90
Three cheers for digital out!

One can only hope.

I'm under the impression that current iPods are capable of this, but there are only a handful of devices (the Wadia, and that other really expensive one I forget the name of) that take advantage of it. Where is the portable solution? A dock cable with an "authentication chip" inside? My guess is there's just not enough demand for it. At least, not yet. But demand does seem to be growing.

Jul 19, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #28 of 90
there might be a demand here, but headfi members represent .000001% of all ipod buyers

i think the surround sound audio feature will be the only way to get the demand for digital to rise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back