New Interconnect Needed!
Jul 29, 2005 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Audio18

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys. I own the Swans M200 monitor speaker system, currently hooked up to my Revo 5.1 source. The speaker came with nice, thick, 14 guage speaker wire, but rather a very cheap RCA(yellow and red marking) male > stereo mini male interconnect. I'm wishing to upgrade to something a bit better. Would you recommend this? Has anyone noticed a difference when dealing with this type of cable? Any links to where a can find a good one preferablly under 25 dollars? THANKS!

EDIT - I found a interconnect on Bestbuy. It's from Monster Cable, so it's probably way overpriced but will it do the job? It's very easy for me to purchase it without having to buy it online and wait for it to ship so that's a big plus. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1051806268853 What do you guys think?

Jul 30, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #3 of 5
Update- Well I went down to Radioshack and bought the Monster Cable RCA->mini that was on sale for 10 dollars (I know I know Monster Cable). But I'm actually quite satisfied with it. For 10 dollars, I got a much much better interconnect than my the ones that came with my Swan system. Overall the sound is a bit quicker, and the mids and highs seem to be better seperated and less muddled up. My only complaint was the two RCA plugs were much harder to plug into the back of my Swans than the stock, so that part made me worry of damaging the Swan's connectors but everything seems to be fine. I'm happy.
cool.gif

Aug 1, 2005 at 8:04 AM Post #4 of 5
Tara Labs, a U.S. company, makes cables for all budgets . . . they represent quality at every price point . . . I have a pair of Tara Labs 5500i, budget but very good. For something perhaps better and also offering budget products, visit www.audusa.com. They're British.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio18
Hi guys. I own the Swans M200 monitor speaker system, currently hooked up to my Revo 5.1 source. The speaker came with nice, thick, 14 guage speaker wire, but rather a very cheap RCA(yellow and red marking) male > stereo mini male interconnect. I'm wishing to upgrade to something a bit better. Would you recommend this? Has anyone noticed a difference when dealing with this type of cable? Any links to where a can find a good one preferablly under 25 dollars? THANKS!

EDIT - I found a interconnect on Bestbuy. It's from Monster Cable, so it's probably way overpriced but will it do the job? It's very easy for me to purchase it without having to buy it online and wait for it to ship so that's a big plus. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1051806268853 What do you guys think?

Aug 1, 2005 at 1:31 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

My only complaint was the two RCA plugs were much harder to plug into the back of my Swans than the stock

That's what Monster cables do. Your stock RCAs would have worked fine and sounded the same, but $10 isn't bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back