New Innards For HeadRoom Amps
Apr 27, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #76 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by markot86
Hey Tyll or Jamey,

Is there any talk about lowering the prices of the DAC addons, or will these changes only apply to the amp modules?

No, we haven't made any changes to the DAC's. With the revision of the module our cost's were lowered and we wanted to make sure to extend that to our customers. We also made a change to the stepped attenuator recently that reduced our cost as well. The DAC's still cost just as much to manufacture so there will not be any reduction in price anytime soon.

Thanks,
Jamey

Apr 27, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #77 of 202
Those new Max Modules of yours are dangerously transparent. You are going to get a lot of people complaining about what you've done to their sources and cables after they try them out in their systems.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 28, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #78 of 202
Is the battery life for the micro with the new desktop module expected to be about the same, or different from the 05 desktop module? I'm mailing in mine in the morning for the 06 module. Thanks.

Apr 28, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #79 of 202
Jamey,

Is there any advantage to purchasing the MicroDAC and the amp together? Or will it all come out to the same price if I order the DAC now and the amp later?

Thanks! The new modules sound great.

Apr 28, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #80 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
Jamey,

Is there any advantage to purchasing the MicroDAC and the amp together? Or will it all come out to the same price if I order the DAC now and the amp later?

Thanks! The new modules sound great.

I'm not Jamey but I can tell you it doesn't make a difference. They are $299 each whether you buy them together or seperately.

Apr 28, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #81 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1
Is the battery life for the micro with the new desktop module expected to be about the same, or different from the 05 desktop module?

Yeah. That's the great thing about the Diamond Buffer design: you can dial in as much or little bias as you want. So we set them to run down batteries at the same rate as the old ones. Actually, a little better on the Micro I think.

(Anybody asks for a little hole in the case through which a tweeker is inserted to dial the bias up and down and I'll poop in their headphones.)

Apr 28, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #83 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
I'm not Jamey but I can tell you it doesn't make a difference. They are $299 each whether you buy them together or seperately.

Ok, thanks Sloth. Looks like I'll be ordering the MicroDAC tomorrow.

Apr 29, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #85 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luco
What are the differences between the Max Balanced and the Home Balanced with Max modules and steps (apart from the price
eggosmile.gif
) and how do these translate into differences in sound with a decent source, like an Esoteric DV 60? Yes, life is full of difficult choices...

Max Balanced comes with a gold plated double thick copper traced main board, with components soldered with silver solder. It also has Black Gate capacitors on the main board. The Max Balanced also has 4 power supplies (1 per channel) whereas I believe the Home Balanced has 2 (1 per side) (not sure about that one). The Max Balanced also has those oh so nice machined aluminium front and rear panels. It also has the distinction of being top of the line, hence completely avoiding upgradeitis (the RK50 is a crossgrade, not an upgrade so don't even have to worry about that)!

You are really talking the last 1% in terms of the sonic difference. Within that 1%, the Max should be just that most miniscule bit cleaner and quicker.

Apr 29, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #86 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
(Anybody asks for a little hole in the case through which a tweeker is inserted to dial the bias up and down and I'll poop in their headphones.)

when and how can we sign up for this service? The person I usually go to has raised the rate.

Apr 29, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #87 of 202
very_evil_smiley.gif

Here's three obscure questions:

Who used to poop in Fat Freddy's headphones?

What was the name of the comic?

and "Egad! An ________!"

Answer the two questions and fill in the blank correctly, and win a BitHead!

Apr 30, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #88 of 202
1. The cat
2. The Fabulous furry freek brothers
2. Egad! ad adage
(i think).

Apr 30, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #89 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
very_evil_smiley.gif

Here's three obscure questions:

Who used to poop in Fat Freddy's headphones?

What was the name of the comic?

and "Egad! An ________!"

Answer the two questions and fill in the blank correctly, and win a BitHead!

The cat poops in Fat Freddy's headphones.

The Adventures of Fat Freddy's Cat.
smily_headphones1.gif

"Egad! An adage!"

EDIT: Ah, it seems as if my second answer is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back