New in-ear's
Aug 22, 2017 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Varathos

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I'm new to Head-fi. Been reading up a lot but I still have a hard time choosing the in ears I want to get. Could you perhaps help me out in this thread?

I'm looking for a solid pair of in ear's to use at my computer for music and gaming, but I'd also like to take them on the go. I'd prefer to use it without an amp/dac, specially when I'm using it on my mobile. (Samsung Galaxy S8+ if that helps)

So far I have tried many headphones but all of them start to annoy me after a while, specially on top of my head and tends to get hot. So I decided to go with In Ears instead.

I've tried the Sennheiser IE80's so far for IEMs. Regarding headphones Ive tried many:
- M50x,
- Bose QC35
- B&W P7 wireless
- B&O H6 gen2
- and a few more but not worth mentioning.

My maximum is around 400 euro. I think the AKG N40s seem to be nice? What do you guys recommend?

Justin

Aug 22, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 4
Not sure about taxes and customs and such but the Campfire Orion is super good at its price-point. It is fantastic. Maybe read about it and see what you think. I also like the Dunu DN2002 in your price range quite well. Maybe check it out as well and see what you think. FWIW. Just some thoughts and your mileage may vary, of course. Haven't heard the AKG, sorry.

Aug 23, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #3 of 4
Hello everyone, I'm new to Head-fi. Been reading up a lot but I still have a hard time choosing the in ears I want to get. Could you perhaps help me out in this thread?

I'm looking for a solid pair of in ear's to use at my computer for music and gaming, but I'd also like to take them on the go. I'd prefer to use it without an amp/dac, specially when I'm using it on my mobile. (Samsung Galaxy S8+ if that helps)

So far I have tried many headphones but all of them start to annoy me after a while, specially on top of my head and tends to get hot. So I decided to go with In Ears instead.

I've tried the Sennheiser IE80's so far for IEMs. Regarding headphones Ive tried many:
- M50x,
- Bose QC35
- B&W P7 wireless
- B&O H6 gen2
- and a few more but not worth mentioning.

My maximum is around 400 euro. I think the AKG N40s seem to be nice? What do you guys recommend?

Justin

What music do you listen to?

Aug 23, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #4 of 4
What music do you listen to?

Hey, thank you for responding. I listen to a lot of music such as rock and pop but I occasionally listen to R&B and hiphop aswell and whenever I'm in the mood for it some trance/techno.

Not sure about taxes and customs and such but the Campfire Orion is super good at its price-point. It is fantastic. Maybe read about it and see what you think. I also like the Dunu DN2002 in your price range quite well. Maybe check it out as well and see what you think. FWIW. Just some thoughts and your mileage may vary, of course. Haven't heard the AKG, sorry.

I've been looking into these earphones, they seem nice but they're not very available in my country sadly :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back