New In Ear for ~0-80
Oct 6, 2009 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kite

New Head-Fier
Hi,

since my sony mdr90 are sold, i need new headphones. As ever, there are far too many on the market
smily_headphones1.gif

I've read about the MDR300 and 500 but because so many people complain about the cable i didn't buy them.

I've also read about the klipsch s4 and they seem to be ok but then i found a review stating that they sound not very good, they "lack" something and the v-moda vibe would be better..

So, i'd like to buy an in ear headphone for about 0-80 euros with a neutral sound quality. A good deep dry bass would be a plus. I really love a good bass, but not in any way do i like OOMPH OOMPH bass (but i like music made by oomph!
wink.gif
) .. it should be there when it's needed and then it should be clear, deep and strong.

Since i have problems with some noises in the higher frequency level on a high volume i wouldn't mind if the headphones have a very neutral treble.. but i could EQ that
redface.gif
although i'm not a huge fan of EQing
wink.gif

I also like it when i can listen to music for a long time meaning that the sound is not in any way .. hm.. stressed or strained.

I liked the fact, that with the mdr90 in my ears i still could hear some of the noise that was around me and that i didn't get the 'i-can-hear-myself-breathing' effect (unless i stuff them really thight into my ear).

Maybe you can help me
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 6
ATH-CKS70, C710 and SF5EB.......

Oct 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks. I've read your review of the Jazz but still i'm not completely sure which iem i should buy and which suits me the most: ath-cks70 no good Review found... Klipsch S4 seem great but maybe too linear?... Jazz review was great. So far they all cost about the same.

Has anyone any experience with the cks70? I've already read the minireview on Headfi by the way.

I really cant decide. I'm running circles
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back