New In-ear Earbuds Needed!
Mar 22, 2010 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

downwardspiral

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I'm in the market for some new earphones, my Sennheiser CX300's just quit on me last week (which sounded pretty good for the $30 I paid for them). I'm looking for something a little more expensive than those, maybe in the $80 range. I've heard good things about both the Maximo iM590 and Klipsch's S4. I mostly use them for my iPhone or laptop so I don't need anything too high-end.

Any particular reason I should go with one over the other? Maybe someone has another direction I can look in?

Thanks in advance!

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 8
Go for Klipsch. It's geat for NIN :) ou can take the model with remote, so it would be nice thing for your iphone. Be prepared for some sibilance at first, but it would dissapear after burn-in.
Also, if you like Senns sond signature - you may try more expensive models of this company, like CX500. Some people like it very much!

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmeloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go for Klipsch. It's geat for NIN :) ou can take the model with remote, so it would be nice thing for your iphone. Be prepared for some sibilance at first, but it would dissapear after burn-in.
Also, if you like Senns sond signature - you may try more expensive models of this company, like CX500. Some people like it very much!

I have a wide variety in musical tastes, from Jeff Beck to some underground indie acoustic stuff, NIN will always have my heart though.
smily_headphones1.gif

I really don't want to go back to Sennheiser, these are the 3rd set of headphones that one of the speakers died on me. They sound great, but don't last long.

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #4 of 8
You can also try these! Denon AHC751K.
Very cheap right now on amazon! Great phones, but they are not similar sounding with Senns. You can read about them here (just search). Some people find them to be a little cold in the mids, but i do not. That's depend on your taste.

Mar 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 8
The sonically logical upgrade to CX300 would be CX95. CX500 has way too much treble that overpowers everything else.

CX95 on the other hand is supremely flat across the frequency range & IMO the flattest dynamic IEM till date.

The CX95 may seem bulky but are comfortable & are not fatiguing at all - CX300 cause bass fatigue & CX500 cause treble fatigue.

If you liked your CX300 - you will be blown away by CX95 - but you have to give it 100 to 150 hrs of burn-in period & don't give it periodic signals like pink/white noise - provide as many genres of music - bassy tracks, balanced track, treblish/bright tracks, deep vocal tracks, live - wide soundstage recordings, frequency sweeps etc etc etc during the burn in period.

Jan 2, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #7 of 8
You can also try these! Denon AHC751K.
Very cheap right now on amazon! Great phones, but they are not similar sounding with Senns. You can read about them here (just search). Some people find them to be a little cold in the mids, but i do not. That's depend on your taste.
I think it is a good choice for you ,only $16.35,i have one,in this price,I Think it is very good,Double-acting, high-performance, balanced three-band fever HIFI headphones,double drive unit
https://www.amazon.com/Zenfeel-Head...sr=1-126&keywords=double+driver+unit+earphone

Jan 2, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #8 of 8
Hey everyone,

I'm in the market for some new earphones, my Sennheiser CX300's just quit on me last week (which sounded pretty good for the $30 I paid for them). I'm looking for something a little more expensive than those, maybe in the $80 range. I've heard good things about both the Maximo iM590 and Klipsch's S4. I mostly use them for my iPhone or laptop so I don't need anything too high-end.

Any particular reason I should go with one over the other? Maybe someone has another direction I can look in?

Thanks in advance!
If you consider in-ear earbuds,The budget is about 20 dollars,The following headphones will be a good choice,only $16.35,You can click on the link for detailed instructions,If you like it, you can buy and try it.
https://www.amazon.com/Zenfeel-Head...sr=1-126&keywords=double+driver+unit+earphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back