New in ear buds for my new iPhone 5
Jun 19, 2013 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

nkvprasad

New Head-Fier

Hello experts, 

I need your help to select a pair of earbuds for my new iphone 5. 

I am a novice in this area but a big music fancier. all I used so far is a pair of Monster immersion iSport and a Klipsch s4. 

I am planning to buy another pair with good quality sound output and decent bass. My budget is around 150 bucks. 

I have selected the below after reading lot of reviews. 

Could anyone help me to select a best from the below? I am open to other suggestions as well. 

Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone

Etymotic Research HF5

JVC HA-FXZ100 In-Ear Headphone

Rock It Sounds R-50

Klipsch Image X10

the other constraint I have is that pair should work with iphone 5. 

So request your expert suggestions. 

Thanks in advance. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 22
If decent bass is a determining factor - the X10 - the Yamaha or the JVC - I think the JVC is pretty big, though.... The others are great phones, but known more for accuracy as opposed to a "fun" sound.

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 22
Thanks so much for a quick reply. I should admit that, I am looking more for the "fun" factor than the analytical factor, as I am not an audiophile at any level.

So as per your advice, I have trimmed my list down to -

Klipsch Image X10

Yamaha is my top option. 

Is there anything I should consider in this list? like spider realvoice or something like that? 

your expert advices are greatly welcome and highly appreciated. Thanks. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 22
Almost all types. But particularly, Pop, Jazz, Blues, Classical, country and World. Not really bass crazy, but I like to have decent bass to  increase the "fun" factor. I have further cut down my options to below two. 

I read stunning reviews about JVC as well. so making my choice difficult. 

Meantime I will take a look at Dunu & Atrio. 

thanks guys. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #8 of 22
Almost all types. But particularly, Pop, Jazz, Blues, Classical, country and World. Not really bass crazy, but I like to have decent bass to  increase the "fun" factor. I have further cut down my options to below two. 

[COLOR=0000CD]Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone[/color]

[COLOR=0000CD]JVC HA-FXZ100 In-Ear Headphone[/color]

[COLOR=0000CD]I read stunning reviews about JVC as well. so making my choice difficult. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000CD]Meantime I will take a look at Dunu & Atrio. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000CD]thanks guys. [/COLOR]

From the genres you listen to, I suggest you don't get the atrios. You should look at the x10 instead, they're very "fun" to listen to with ample bass and a good tight isolation. The Yahama and JVC are very bassy iems, may not fit your type of genre well. Goes better with dubstep, EDM etc.

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #9 of 22
So I am adding X10 back to the list.
So it's the same list again. X10 vs JVC vs Yamaha.  I have 2 days to finalize one of these. 

tight bass, smooth& better details, decent mids and lows,  good separation and great soundstage. These are what I am really looking for.
If I am not asking for too much for my budget, i need something which can really surprise me. (its easy, i haven't used many iems before). 

Thanks a lot to all those replied so far. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #10 of 22
So I am adding X10 back to the list.
So it's the same list again. X10 vs JVC vs Yamaha.  I have 2 days to finalize one of these. 

tight bass, smooth& better details, decent mids and lows,  good separation and great soundstage. These are what I am really looking for.

If I am not asking for too much for my budget, i need something which can really surprise me. (its easy, i haven't used many iems before). 

Thanks a lot to all those replied so far. 

It's not possible for you to audition IEMs in your country? I think an all rounder would be the x10. The other 2 are more on the bass heavy side for bassheads

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #14 of 22
It does look like the male genital. But if you can cast that aside, the fit and isolation is superb.

I have noticed that feedback posted on Amazon. Personally I beleive that guy is new to in-ear earbuds, particularly those isolation ones. If you are a over-the ear headphones guy, and all of sudden if you try these isolation in-ear ones, they create lot of soreness, I bet. Once I tried my friend's Etymotics (don't remember the model), even my first impression was similar. But once I started used to it, I was really amazed by the SQ they offered. (though low on bass) I still have one day left, (saturday I am planning to order) to decide. So at this point I am with X10. Being a user of their S4 before, I am more worried about the quality of those thin cables. Mine worked for 2.5 yrs before the cable ripped off. SQ was good but not too exciting. I hope X10 offers better SQ with tight bass. Thanks to those who responded to my request. more suggestions are welcome.

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #15 of 22
Okay, after going through some more threads, I have brought Atrio back to the list and dropped JVC. So finally its between Atrio and X10. 
I understand the Atrios are for bassheads, but I don't mind if it doesn't mess up the overall sound quality.

Experts any comments?

Thanks.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back