New IEM's
Nov 21, 2010 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Mizzle17

New Head-Fier
First post and have been reading a lot of reviews/doing research.

I am debating between a few IEM's (Westone 3/UM3X | Monster Turbine Golds | maybe Sen IE8)

I'll get down to the main points.

Music - Hip hop, R'n'B, Metal (slow, fast), Blues, Rock, Reggae/dub

Source - Ipod (5 generation) or HTC Desire HD, may on the odd occasion plug into mac via a Appogee Duet or laptop with USB interface.

I am a musician (well bassist if that counts) so the possiblity of using these onstage would help greatly but is not a major concern.

The last IEM's I had were Shure SE2 (can't remember which) and a UE 5 Super Fi pro.  I was pretty happy with the Super Fi's but had a hard job getting a decent fit and they did get a bit uncomfortable (these are now broken), the sound overall from the Super Fi's was pretty good and is the best 'in ears' I have heard so far.  I don't believe in going backwards and thought I could go with one of the above (the golds I can get half price with the guarantee).

Price for Golds would be £125, Westones £260 ish and Sens £200 ish

Thanks in advance Matt

Nov 22, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #6 of 8
If you like to listen more details in music than SF5Pro with rich, punchy bass then i will recommend the SM3, JVC FX700 and both has fairly large soundstage like IE8.

Nov 23, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 8
I'm thinking of getting the Turbines at the price I mentioned as it seems (from what I have read there are better choices out there for the full price but at this price doesn't seem like a bad idea).  Only other thing i saw was the IE8's at about 120 on play.com (not sure on if they are legit though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back