New IEMs with the characteristics of the Dunu DK-2001 (RIP)
Apr 10, 2024 at 12:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

angelsword

New Head-Fier
Well, my beloved DK-2001 finally died and I'm at a loss for what to do because they can't be bought anywhere I can find.

The DK-2001 isn't everyone's favorite IEM but for me, it was absolutely perfect. Super punchy, tight bass, articulation without spicy treble, decent separation. I'm a fan of heavier music like death metal, thrash metal, or the heavier EDM genres like Synthwave when it's done by artists like Carpenter Brut.

I'll spend any amount of money to get this sound signature back. Almost every IEM seems way too bright to me, even the ones that sometimes are described as "warm" by others. I guess I'm just treble-sensitive and like music with a lot of crashing cymbals.

Any ideas?

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 6
You can try to ask here
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-6597
I'd like to advise, but my preferences for metal music is more tighter bass and less high mids then dk2001 has. Now I have two favorites: Shozy B2 for oldschool metal and SLIIVO SLT6 for modern metal.
Just one IEM that I heard probably may be closer to your query - Sound Rhyme SR7. It has more bass and overall quite smooth without extra brightness.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #4 of 6
It's the same, just with good hybrid cable ISN SC4. There are 3 changeble nozzles for different tuning.
The bass is not very tight, but enough for quick metal anyway.
With better cable the sound absolutely amazing for different heavy styles. I use my SCB2 with this cable:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EyjTHRZ

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #5 of 6
I still take mine out, every once in a while. One of my more comfortable sets, to wear, for prolonged listening.
Dunu DK 2001s.jpg

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #6 of 6
BTW
I remember how I liked the sound DK2001 with jazz. Just now I'm listening to same jazz with SR5 (+ Penon Liqueur tip + Yongse Warcraft cable + Penon Totem adapter) and comparing with DK2001 by memory. I'm impressed how Penon Totem adapter improves resolution and soundstage. Yongse Warcraft adds bass body and makes treble more airy and transparent. Now with SR5 bass is tighter and deeper although has smaller body. Yes, DK2001 is warmer and resolution is better with DK2001, but overall coherence, frequency balance (smaller and tighter bass, less brightness of high-midd) are better with SR5.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back