New IEMs bass heavy 70-120 Dollar...
Mar 6, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #16 of 25

Quote:
The only difference between the old and new turbines is the 3.5mm connector.  The last run has a straight plug and the newest ones have the right angle plug.  Nothing different at all with the headphones themselves so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Hmm ok, from what i've read in that thread which i only glanced at it looked like there was issues with the straight connector? Maybe i'm mistaken and that would be great if I am:)

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #18 of 25

Quote:
Ecci PR401 (great review by Mark here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/542830/ecci-pr401-review)
Xears TD100 II/Xears TD III
Monster Turbine
Fischer Audio Eterna

I think these are your best options!

Spot on choices mentioned by Zol0ft
to add on these are also in the pricerange though some might be cheaper
Meelec M6/M31
Rockford Fosgate Punch Plugs
Sony MDR XB series
Nuforce NE6/7
Hippo VB
TDK EB900

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #19 of 25
I am very interested in the monster turbines, but i can't find a good place to buy them from in Sweden. If anyone know a place that ships to sweden that would be awesome. In sweden they go for about 150euro which from sites in the US they seem to go for like 100dollar... Its quite a difference but none of them ships to sweden:frowning2:

Tbh a place that ships IEMs to sweden overall would be great after the review of the Ecci PR401 i got quite interested in them as well... But it is so hard to find places that ship to sweden.

Mar 6, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #20 of 25
Having owned the original Monster Turbines I appreciate my Denon 560R much more as it does not have nearly as small a soundstage and it has better mid-range and treble as well. All for less money.

Mar 6, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #21 of 25

Quote:
Hmm ok, from what i've read in that thread which i only glanced at it looked like there was issues with the straight connector? Maybe i'm mistaken and that would be great if I am:)

It's not really a issue with Turbine's straight connector, but the fact that generally a straight connector (rather than right-angle connector) goes through more strain & stress especially if you like to put your portable player in your pocket.  Check your portable player, is the headphone socket on the side or top of it?  And then consider which type of connector may be better for you.

Mar 6, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #22 of 25
Brainwavz  M1, and have some spare money!
L3000.gif

Mar 7, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #25 of 25
After a good weekend of burn in, I'm really loving my Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass.  In the last few weeks I've auditioned quite a few bass-centric headphones and even though the Turbines have the sound I prefer, I'm leaning towards the Phonak's because of the ease of use at the gym where I listen to 75% of my music.  The Turbines are just a bit too heavy for running and I'll definitely hang on to them because they are ultra comfortable to me with the Sony Hybrid tips, but couple the weight with sweat and they start to slip (hate foams, so that's not the answer either).  

So I picked up the Phonak's and have been using them ever since.  The bass isn't quite as impactful or deep as the Turbines but the rest of the soundstage appears to be more balanced to my amateur ears.  They sound fantastic with music like Marc Broussard, JJ Grey & Mofro, Gavin DeGraw...and they are good, but not quite as good as the Turbines for stuff like hip hop and r&b.  Again, the size, weight and fit are the deciding factors for me usually...so I can't recommend either of these headphones enough if bass is important to you.  You really can barely tell they are in your ears when you're wearing them.  Fantastic product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back