New IEMs bass heavy 70-120 Dollar...
Mar 5, 2011 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Murre

Head-Fier
Hi,

I can't believe i'm actually making this thread.... I just bought a new pair of headphones which I love and tbh my economy can't handle my soundfix.

Anyway in September I bought a pair of RE-0, upgraded from CX-300 (what a pair of **** compared to them). I fell in love with RE-0 and I still love them. Then now a few weeks ago i bought Ultrasone DJ-1 (HFI-580 copy). Which is just amazing for my listening preference of electro, house, progressive etc. I mean these headphones just blow my mind but they are a bit to big and clumsy for me to walk around with outside of my home.

So tbh the IEMs I'm looking for is something similar to HFI-580 soundstage. Something that can produce a powerful bass but still don't lack to much in mids and highs as i love a balanced sound but with a bit of extra bass. The RE-0 are awesome but  a bit bassheavier then that would be so awesome.

So if someone has an idea of which I could like please tell me:)

Mar 5, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 25
Ecci PR401 (great review by Mark here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/542830/ecci-pr401-review)
Xears TD100 II/Xears TD III
Monster Turbine
Fischer Audio Eterna

I think these are your best options!

Mar 5, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #4 of 25
The Sennheiser IE8 is a great IEM soundwise but the isolation is poor. If you don't care about isolation, the IE8 is one of the best bassy IEM's out there AFAIK. I never had the chance to check 'em out though!

Mar 5, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 25

Quote:
The Sennheiser IE8 is a great IEM soundwise but the isolation is poor. If you don't care about isolation, the IE8 is one of the best bassy IEM's out there AFAIK. I never had the chance to check 'em out though!

Well Isolation is a must, that isen't fixable by other buds? Now i use the olives from shure with my re-0. But yes isolation is a must as i use it on the subway and busses and well outside in general so i don't want to hear people and i don't want people to hear my music.

Mar 5, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #6 of 25

Well Isolation is a must, that isen't fixable by other buds? Now i use the olives from shure with my re-0. But yes isolation is a must as i use it on the subway and busses and well outside in general so i don't want to hear people and i don't want people to hear my music.

The problem is, the size of the housing doesn't allow them to be pushed far enough into your ear, which causes the isolation problems.

Mar 5, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #7 of 25
I missed out the $100 Atrio M5 w/ MG7 deal about a week ago and ended up getting the turbines for $74 today. I'll let you know when they get here on monday.

I have the Brainwavz M2 and Mee M9 which both fall short of what I want. Planning to return both after I see how good these highly raved turbines really are.

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #8 of 25

Quote:
Quote:

The problem is, the size of the housing doesn't allow them to be pushed far enough into your ear, which causes the isolation problems.

Is this also an issue on IE-6?

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #9 of 25
IE6 is open, you will hear all around you and people who will near you will be listening to your music.
But they sounds very good, lot of details, very good bass, good soundstage.
Try Monster Turbine, thay are have a very good isolation, thay are more comfortable, sound is amazing, love them:)
If you need very good IEMs for all kind of music + very good bass, try Ultimate Ears Triple Fi10.
Very good isolation and very rich sound.

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #10 of 25
Hey! Another DJ1 owner! Aren't they just incredible for electronic music? *brofist*

I actually did the research you're now doing, and now have a Fischer Audio Eterna in the mail from Russia. Hope they're as good as many say they are.

Mar 5, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #11 of 25
I have the Turbines which seem to be selling pretty cheap now. They have great isolation, very comfortable, and the bass is one of its best qualities. 

Mar 6, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #12 of 25
I'm using munitio teknines that I'm currently very happy with, very deep brain shaking bass, $105 with coupon. Shure has the SE215 coming out on tuesday, which is $100 and looks to be constructed well with a dynamic driver.

Mar 6, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #13 of 25
I have a pair of the SE215 on order and will post impressions as soon as I get them. Currently I am using AHC-560R which have deep bass but it's does not pack a lot of punch so may not be what your looking for, other than punchy bass I think they have nice mids and good treble though.

Mar 6, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #14 of 25

Quote:
I have the Turbines which seem to be selling pretty cheap now. They have great isolation, very comfortable, and the bass is one of its best qualities. 

I've read in the turbine thread that there is an issue with getting the newer phones and that the older ones are having issues? Do you know how this is? Because it would suck to order something and then get a pair of phones that isent working well or is it a very small chance for this not to work?

Mar 6, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #15 of 25

Quote:
I've read in the turbine thread that there is an issue with getting the newer phones and that the older ones are having issues? Do you know how this is? Because it would suck to order something and then get a pair of phones that isent working well or is it a very small chance for this not to work?

The only difference between the old and new turbines is the 3.5mm connector.  The last run has a straight plug and the newest ones have the right angle plug.  Since there is nothing distinguishing on the box, it seems that some retailers are still getting the straight connectors...so it's gonna be a while before that stock is depleted and everyone is getting the right angles.

Nothing different at all with the headphones themselves so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back