Feb 19, 2008 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

deadagain6591

New Head-Fier
i need a verry well rounded pair of IEM's

I will list what i will be using the headphones for in order of importance:
listening to Acoustic music
playing the synthisizer and recording
listening to rock music
listening to bands like she wants revenge and blaqk audio (i would say electronic but its not as important for the bass sections)

the whole spectrum of sounds should be as detail as possible

im looking at spending $150 - 220 US

I was thinking maybe the super.fi 5 pro, or the er4p or even some sures...any other recomendations would be helpful...or help me decide on one!!

thanx in advance

Feb 19, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 17
Jays Q-Jays have my vote right now. They seem great because they should be comfy and very well-balanced.

Feb 19, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SF5 Pro are pretty versatile. They sound great with acoustic and rock music, but also have the powerful bass needed for synth and electronic music.

I couldn't agree more.

From what i have read they are good allround, detailed, and the bass is there when you need it.

They are expensive though...

Matt

Feb 19, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 17
The er4p's sound like they're exactly what you're looking for. The SF5's are known more for their bass while the etys are known for their analytic sound across the spectrum. I don't know much about the q-jays but I have heard the same things as zarakisan mentioned. I can't comment further though.
The etys can be found for $185 shipped from newegg and the sf5s are usually less @ amazon. I couldn't find a better price than $180 +shipping for the q-jays @ audiocubes.com

Feb 19, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by acegazda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The er4p's sound like they're exactly what you're looking for. The SF5's are known more for their bass while the etys are known for their analytic sound across the spectrum. I don't know much about the q-jays but I have heard the same things as zarakisan mentioned. I can't comment further though.
The etys can be found for $185 shipped from newegg and the sf5s are usually less @ amazon. I couldn't find a better price than $180 +shipping for the q-jays @ audiocubes.com

Jays q-JAYS White @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

White or Black.

$179 +$10 (Lowest cost shipping)

Feb 19, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadagain6591 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i really want it for playing live music too...not to over or under power my synth in any part of the synth, being highs, mids or lows

So the most neutral for the synth? What is your sound preferance for recorded music? Do you like neutral for recorded too?

The most neutral and best in your budget is the ER4p/s. Although the ER6/i would suffice. The i is bassier, but very lean on bass. All detail and highs and mids. With a warm source, they are awsome, bass is there when needed, and the highs and detail is still there, but less fatigeing (sp? lol.)

Unfortunatley my Zen V M is not a warm source, unlike my laptop l/o. So a change of IEM is needed. Introducing the Livewires Custom IEM's (Complimentary! eg Free!)

Matt

Feb 20, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #14 of 17
I've owned nearly all of the Ultimate Ears lineup. I loved the super.fi 5 pros. ER4P seem pretty definite for being the best deal for detail. However...

My vote goes to the Q-jay for being so balanced, I was impressed with the info on them after they came out, but already had the triple.fi and was planning for the UE11. They seem like they will be the best all around in the price range. Sadly, I cannot afford to try them just for comment.

Feb 20, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #15 of 17
SF-5 is more bass good mids but lack high

ER-4 is more detail good high and mids but lack bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back