New IEM vs Used options to replace Lost Westone w3's
Oct 22, 2016 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jdztunes

New Head-Fier
Good day Head-Fi'ers
I am looking for something to replace a pair of Westone W3's that I lost.  I have been considering a used set of Etymotic ER4SR's (had HF5's, loved the fit for sleeping with them) or Noble 4U's.  Again, I want something more entry level to mid level in the IEM range that I could use before bed with my ear pressed against a pillow as I am a side sleeper.  I saw a review of the Overti Primacy headphones.
I definitely enjoy a good bass punch, think old school subs in your car stereo.  But, I grew up in school band and enjoy detail and being submersed in good quality layered sound.
Your thoughts are appreciated.

Oct 22, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 3
  Good day Head-Fi'ers
I am looking for something to replace a pair of Westone W3's that I lost.  I have been considering a used set of Etymotic ER4SR's (had HF5's, loved the fit for sleeping with them) or Noble 4U's.  Again, I want something more entry level to mid level in the IEM range that I could use before bed with my ear pressed against a pillow as I am a side sleeper.  I saw a review of the Overti Primacy headphones.
I definitely enjoy a good bass punch, think old school subs in your car stereo.  But, I grew up in school band and enjoy detail and being submersed in good quality layered sound.
Your thoughts are appreciated.

If you can find a pair of AAW Q, I think it would fit the bill. They are micro driver and sound amazing for what they are.

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 3

If you can find a pair of AAW Q, I think it would fit the bill. They are micro driver and sound amazing for what they are.

Thank you for the input.  I'll keep my eyes open for the "Q".
I have been trolling the for sale forum and looking for options there and thinking I can get something used above a level I could normally afford at some of the options regular retail price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back