New IEM or get a Dac/amp
Dec 9, 2018 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Gunz.jones

New Head-Fier
I have 1more quads and love them. I don't feel enough of the sound is as clear as it should be or maybe it's the lack of seal and isolation. Should I invest in comply tips and something like an earstudio or look into new iems? I am listening through an s7 with poweramp or Amazon music and also using them to game on the switch.

Dec 11, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 4
Not for sure what you mean by the sound isn’t as clear as it should be. The seal is very important to iems and most definitely can effect the sound. Foam tips can help if you are having trouble getting a good seal with silicone or others. Have a friend who has to use two different sizes as his ear canals are that different something you could try if you have trouble getting a good seal as one ear not getting a good seal can definitely throw the sound off. There are some other foam tips you can find on Amazon that are cheaper than Comply and fit the big nozzle of the 1More.

Dec 11, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm beginning to think I am suffering from hit or miss on the audio files not bieng 256 and above or proper flac. I ordered comply tips to try this morning so I'll know by Thursday if that helps some. Reviews on the s7 dac and amp have me wondering about getting an external solution still, but I'll start with cheapest first. Need to stop looking at reviews for chi fi stuff or I'm going to end up splurge purchasing a small shop's worth of headphones and electronics trying to get decent sound. I know the isolation is missing for the stock tips though and they could be my beiggest issue is the outside bleeding in. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back