new IEM (mostly) for metal: TF10? UM2? others?
Dec 8, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #18 of 23
Just kicking this one up. No need for a new topic.

If I want to import from, let's say, Amazon. What are the extra costs I would have to take into account?

Further, on Ebay I see companies from Honk Kong or Singapore offering Westone's. Are these shops legit? I wonder since Westone are produced in USA, and the HK shops seem cheaper than in the USA... Are there any other downsides when offering from an Ebay company, for instance concerning warranty? 

I have read further on the mentioned IEM's and I still think the UM2 would suit me best. I think the recessed mids of the TF10 would dissapoint me and I don't really like the look of the GR07
The DBA2 seem somehow fragile to me. Could be wrong though, this is all just a hunch from reading reviews and watching images...

Any good websites or shops that sell westones cheapest (to the Netherlands)?

Thanks for all the help so far guys (and girls)!

Dec 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #21 of 23

So, if you buy something (the website doesn't matter) outside the EU, you can be sure that dutch custom officers will retain your package (unless the declared value is very low, usually below 30 euros) and ask you to pay the VAT (BTW in dutch), which is 19% of the declared value in the Netherlands, plus a small fee.

I've lived 8 years in the Netherlands, and contrary to France, not once customs have let a package slip through their fingers without making me pay the taxes when it was coming from outside the EU.

Also, I'd stay away from eBay, whatever the country if you want to buy expensive stuff, too many risks with very little guarantee that you'll get a legit product with a legit bill.

For Westone UM2 (or UM2-RC) you could try Amazon.fr (french version) or Amazon.co.uk (english one), UM2 / UM2RCX can be bought at around 200-215€ from several vendors which are serious (I know most of them) and shipped by Amazon directly at no cost. I'm sure they ship to the Netherlands, and the good part is you won't have to pay any tax since it is within the EU.

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #23 of 23

Quote:
Just kicking this one up. No need for a new topic.

If I want to import from, let's say, Amazon. What are the extra costs I would have to take into account?

Further, on Ebay I see companies from Honk Kong or Singapore offering Westone's. Are these shops legit? I wonder since Westone are produced in USA, and the HK shops seem cheaper than in the USA... Are there any other downsides when offering from an Ebay company, for instance concerning warranty? 

I have read further on the mentioned IEM's and I still think the UM2 would suit me best. I think the recessed mids of the TF10 would dissapoint me and I don't really like the look of the GR07
The DBA2 seem somehow fragile to me. Could be wrong though, this is all just a hunch from reading reviews and watching images...

Any good websites or shops that sell westones cheapest (to the Netherlands)?

Thanks for all the help so far guys (and girls)!

Je kunt ook via Headsound.de bestellen. Geen douanegedoe en Sebastian daar kan aan bijna alle modellen van Fischer Audio, Brainwavz, Audio Technica, DUNU etc komen. :) Ik koop er zelf ook regelmatig en heb nooit problemen. Just mail the guy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back