Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
never heard of them

why dont you buy them and tell us what they are like
beerchug.gif

You are EVIL
devil_face.gif

I am saving for IE8!

Just curious about this product and wonder there are any head-fiers using this.

May 21, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there are things that appear ever so often like this but no one has heard them so no one else buys them and the manufacturer doesnt dish out some to get the ball rolling.

they could be the best things ever but no one ever finds out

Well, I will certainly give them a try if my wallet allow me to
evil_smiley.gif

But I am now sticking to the plan of getting IE8 because of the bass and soundstage, and I like the sound signature of Sennheiser too (currently using HD580). And I believe that there aren't anything like the IE8 currently in the market (I hope so...)

I went to a local shop yesterday but didn't see anything of ROLAND. But it seems to be RH-IE3 from the same company is quite popular in Japan.

May 21, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #9 of 22
They look like there made from metal and is says the use filters just like jays and etys and are meant to be used over the ear from looking at the cable...Who knows you might have a sleeper hit here

May 22, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are quite well known...

Meaning the brand or this particular IEM? If the IEM is well known, share with us (but I don't think that is what you meant).

Aug 25, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #11 of 22
slaters70, if you read this...

For your information, the cable is 2.2 metres looong.

I just tried them for around 20 minutes, and didn't actually do a direct comparison with CK10, so I can only describe how they sound but not how good they sound for $300 ^^;

However I have read things like they have a spacious soundstage, good resolution, and some say that they sound close to the Shure SCL4. An IEM designed for onstage.

Aug 25, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #13 of 22

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are quite well known...

Meaning the brand or this particular IEM? If the IEM is well known, share with us (but I don't think that is what you meant).

Roland has been around for a while, and they're well-known for their keyboards, synths, amps, etc. There's even "Roland-ready" Strats. On the link in the first post, click on "products" to see some of their other goodies.

This is the first I've heard of a Roland IEM.

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #14 of 22
To me they look a lot like a re-branded Ortofon e-Q7. 

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #15 of 22
I think the Roland's came out before the Ortofon's, both around spring/summer of 2009.

RH-PM5 is a traditional single BA, e-Q7 is a moving BA. RH-PM5 is made in China, e-Q7 is made in Japan.

Based on my limited memory, and I don't have a chance compare them side by side, they don't sound the same. RH-PM5 is quite 'boring', or in other words neutral.

Just some additional information :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back