New iem for a new guy !
Oct 14, 2014 at 10:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Mayones

New Head-Fier
Hi!

First I'd like to say "Hello" to all head-fi'ers and thank you for all the effort you put into this forum.
It's really nice to have such a place where you can find pretty much whatever you'd like to know about all that audio stuff

I've been looking for my new earphones for about a month and my current favourites are:

-Havi B3 pro I
-Ostry KC06A
-Vsonic vsd3s
-RHA MA-350
-Shure se215

My source is Fiio X1. I also currently own etymotic hf3 and shure shr240 and I want the new ones to sound better than those. What I like in headphones is detail, separation, engaging factor and overall sound quality. Im deffinetly not a bass head and I dont like overwhelming bass, bas-moded shures have enough of bass for me but it should be deeper and more punchy and aggresive. Next, I like the mids of both of mine headphones but in the music I listen to (Heavy, thrash and black metal) I find it not powefull, full( cant really find the right word) enough. I mean, I look something which would make guitars sound better and ritcher, more "fun-like", not as analytic as ety. Hi tones are not really what I care about but I wouldn't like them to be worse than in srh240. My budget is around $70 and Im open to any other headphone offers. May consider portable over-ears too.

Thats all that I can say by my own. Im open to questions and I hope that You will be able to help me !

Oct 17, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #7 of 14
  Thanks for the reply.
Why not the "s" version ? I heard that its better than the older one .
Anyway, how much would I have to spend to actually get an improvement ?

As far as I know, the VSD3 ist just a diffrently tuned version with a focus on lows and mids while the VSD3s is focused on mids and highs and in general the more neutral version.

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #8 of 14

As far as I know, the VSD3 ist just a diffrently tuned version with a focus on lows and mids while the VSD3s is focused on mids and highs and in general the more neutral version.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the input.

Ayway, how do these compare to the others ? or maybe is it just like none of above will give me an upgrade ?

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #10 of 14
Well, I should have specified that. I'm here exactly to find the diffrent signature of sound because etys start to be boring.
I'm looking for something more warm/fast/aggresive/dynamic than analytic etc.
Does it change a lot ? 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #14 of 14

From the ones of your list, the Havis has an open sound stage and very neutral sound, but it sucks up your battery like no tomorrow; tips are also a bit fidgety. The VSD3S has a full signature, with somewhat recessed mids and clean bass. They're more comfortable than the Havis, but not the most comfortable of the bunch. It also has detachable cables, but its build quality leaves a little to be desired. There's no stress relief on the cables what-so-ever, so the bonus points earned by the detachable cables are pretty much cancelled out by the actual cable's shoddy construction. As for the 350, don't even consider them. Its bigger brother, the RHA MA750i, is currently 40% off at Newegg ($78) and is the better headphone in every sense. It also has a warm signature with very good clarity, but is probably the bassiest of the lot. The stainless steel earpieces will be a love it or hate it thing. Finally, the SE215 is a lot like the MA750i, but has weaker bass and a little less clarity in comparison to the 750i. Its highs are also slightly rolled-off. Its strengths is in its superb mids, comfort, good build quality, and detachable cable; a feature that's also available for the VSD3S. As for the Ostrys, I've never tried em. I hope I've helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back