New IEM: 150$
Feb 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Godinhovsky

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I want to ask your for some guideness.
Atm I use my Sennheiser CX300II + iPod Nano 1G (and laptop) and I really enjoy them but I want to get another level.

I'm going to buy:
- Headphones Denon D2000
- Cowon J3 vs iPod Touch 4G (almost sure I'm picking Cowon J3)
- FiiO E10 (to laptop)

After some research I found Klipsch S4, Ultimate Ears 700, Senheiser CX880.
Klipsch S4 is a good IEM with a very good performance.. (CNET - best editor's reveiw)
Ultimate Ears (the most expensive) have a great impedance and noise isolation

Which one would be the greatest improvement?

ps: some said that UE 700 sig won't "work" with D2000

Thank you in advance

Feb 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #2 of 6
I wouldn't count on CNET as a IEM Review source.

Take a look at this thead. It has hundreds of IEMs reviewed and compared and you can choose one that better suits your sound preferences.

In that price point take a look at JVC HA-FXT90, VSonic GR07, Yamaha EPH-100 and see if any of these seem good for you

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
I'd also look at the Hifiman HE-262 if you have a portable amp to drive them.

If I'm buying the Cowon S9/J3 won't buy a portable amp..
With iPod Touch 4G will be a must (amp) so..

I'll buy a stationary amp/dac for Denon D2000 (those will work fine on Cowon as far as I read) instead.

------------------------

My research over your suggestions tend me to JVC HA-FXT90 maybe due to its good review and "higher score" on mid/high..
As VSonic GR07 are mainly for over-ear are off (even tough they're better that JVC)
HiFiMan RE262, well.. I think that they probably won't play as load as I want.. (even tough the review)

Anyway, from my Sennheiser CX-300II will be a nice improvement, will it not? (to JVC)

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #5 of 6
Another very satisfied VSonic GR07 user. One of the best values out there. There are concerns for build quality with Hifimans. If you are looking for isolation, the Etymotic Hf5 is outstanding and has very neutral sound signature. I have the S4 and I really have no problems with them, a bit bass centric, but I prefer Etymotic and VSonic more especially if you are looking for an IEM in the $150 range.

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Another very satisfied VSonic GR07 user. One of the best values out there. There are concerns for build quality with Hifimans. If you are looking for isolation, the Etymotic Hf5 is outstanding and has very neutral sound signature. I have the S4 and I really have no problems with them, a bit bass centric, but I prefer Etymotic and VSonic more especially if you are looking for an IEM in the $150 range.

I was surprised about the isolation of the Ety but they are cheaper in Europe rather than China/Hong Kong (where I'll buy the new ones)
VSonic GR07 are great but for over-the-ear which I dont want actually

Users who are viewing this thread

Back