New iBasso DX200
Dec 28, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #16 of 91
Ha ha ha. You are right. In case you do like volume knobs. Check out DAPs from Shanling.

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #19 of 91

Knobs are expensive and reduce THD by up to .0013%

There is no sarcasm font on Head-Fi...or is there?

I don't buy that knobs are expensive. The $15 Sony SRF-59 radio had a volume knob. The makers of very expensive music players might want you to believe that knobs are expensive.

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #20 of 91
  I don't buy that knobs are expensive. The $15 Sony SRF-59 radio had a volume knob. The makers of very expensive music players might want you to believe that knobs are expensive.

Did you not see the last line of the post you quoted?  
smile.gif

Jan 1, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #22 of 91
Since I first saw the poll on Ibasso's Facebook page I have been searching for more details on the Dx200 and found nothing. I have a Dx80 on order but seriously tempted to consider the Fiio X7 or the Onkyo DP-X1. The Dx200 will be at least 6 months away I guess and probably a lot more.

Jan 1, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #23 of 91
Since I first saw the poll on Ibasso's Facebook page I have been searching for more details on the Dx200 and found nothing. I have a Dx80 on order but seriously tempted to consider the Fiio X7 or the Onkyo DP-X1. The Dx200 will be at least 6 months away I guess and probably a lot more.

The poster at the top of this page seems to know stuff. Maybe he responds or you PM him for any info regarding production estimates.

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #25 of 91

I messaged iBasso on Facebook and they replied that " There is no info at this time" and I told them that there is people eagerly awaiting some info.

Grab the bull by the horns
biggrin.gif

Some folks think the X7 had way too long a buildup and other items that went fast from announce to in hand did better. I gotta think they are playing their cards close to the vest as a sales strategy.
Just my opinion.

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #26 of 91

The poster at the top of this page seems to know stuff. Maybe he responds or you PM him for any info regarding production estimates.

Actually, that's just as much as I know at this point. Seeing how long it took the DX80 to hit the market even after the design was finalized, I wouldn't be surprised if it took a year before we start seeing DX200 on the retail shelves.

A development/testing phase DX80 unit was first showcased in a show or a meet during the First quarter of 2015. And it was only in November the device was up for sale. Within that period it underwent some minor hardware modifications and a major UI changes. 

Also, looking at the pictures, the design #2 shows an Android screen while the other 2 seem to be running Ibasso's firmware. Wonder which they will end up using or if they would use both.

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #29 of 91
Isn't the screen on #2 just the iBasso firmware menu, rather than the now playing screen as on #1 and #3?

I'm sorry I should have worded my statement better. You are right. The display on design #2 does show the iBasso menu. But the three capacitance buttons right below the screen indicates android.

Edit: May be the device runs both the OS or
may be iBasso considered android initially and put the three buttons there but decided to just go with the iBasso OS. Just my guesses and speculations.

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #30 of 91
I had another few weeks wait for the DX80 and patience isn't my strong suit so I swapped my order for an X7.....gotta be worth a try and 15% off retail. I have to say that I am very impressed with AMP3 and their customer service, all sorted for me via email in seconds and including a full refund for the DX80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back