New HTC One and Other Upcoming Flagship Phones
Feb 20, 2013 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Darknet

100+ Head-Fier
So, for any HTC fans out there or any android fan in general (not many HTC fans anymore nowadays and I see why too but...personally I still like HTC I am Taiwanese after all lol) so HTC announced their new phone today which featured specs generally already expected by rumors for anyone that's seen them.

http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one/#specs 

here's a spec sheet on the phone and also the main HTC page for the phone.

(image from the htc website...)
and of course some pictures of the thing.
Overall I think its a very nice looking phone with somewhat promising specs though the overall competitiveness of the phone will have to wait until the other manufacturers begin to announce their new flagship phones (Samsung Galaxy s4, nexus x- or whatever its called lol, etc)

So, what do you guys thing about this and the other android 5.0 flagship phones coming out mid this year?
Android 5.0, if improving at the same rate as android 4.0, I feel will quickly become more and more popular (even more so than android's current popularity, especially in America)

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 10
I have an HTC Inspire. Not that happy with it. Great screen, so-so battery life, but my biggest complaint is that it freezes completely fairly often, requiring the battery to be removed. (And this phone has the worst battery cover design ever conceived by man.) It also frequently reboots on it's own, sometimes 2-3 times a day. The GPS works pretty much when it feels like it - I'll often have multiple satellites in view, yet it refuses to lock until I reboot the phone. (It also takes forever to reboot.) Also, the lack of Android updates sucks. (Still on Android 2.3.3).

My contract is up this month, and I'll be looking at a different phone, probably Samsung.

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #3 of 10
HTC Desire HD here and I have exactly the same issues as the post above. There will not be another HTC phone for me when it's time to change.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #4 of 10
Yep, battery life sucks! do you use your desire for music source too?
Whats actually the best phone source for iems? Apple again?

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
Yep, battery life sucks! do you use your desire for music source too?
Whats actually the best phone source for iems? Apple again?

I don't use my phone for music at all. I rarely listen to music when I'm out and about - I've never been comfortable with not being able to hear what's going on around me. I use my Ety's sometimes when I'm mowing the lawn, and that's about it for outdoors, but I use my iPod as a source.

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #6 of 10
No phone here for music either, I have a Colorfly C3 for music.

I use full size cans and the Desire HD has the most useless headphone amp on anything I have ever seen. I have to run it through my E11 just to get any volume on my Ultrasones which are not very hard to drive, it's probably ok with IEM's but I dont use them.

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #7 of 10
Lol well thanks for replying xD makes me feel less awkward for making this thing lol. But as for battery life yeah my htc one s has pretty ****ty battery though it doesnt seem to crash. As for music its a shame phone companies pay so little attention to sound and the amps and stuff but i guess it doesnt really appeal to the general consumer... You know though old htc phones kinda suck (my dads g2 well its not as bad as you guys describe but its more google based than htc) an have kind of hurt their reputation i feel like some of their newer phones have improved... Sound wasnt bad on my one s but battery man( well in their defense it was really thin so well no room for large battery)

Ps anyone know when theyre announcing the galaxy s4

Feb 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #8 of 10
HTC One X'er here..

Main disappointment is battery life. It was great when I first bought it (bout a year ago)

But now I have to recharge it at least once a day. I even turned off most apps and screen animations etc.. but still it drains like crazy when NOT in use.

I got it as an alternate to iPhones (cuz I despise/hate/loathe Apple products)

Back then (pre-audiophilia) when I saw the Beats logo on the back of the phone, I thought "Hey, this is pretty cool, it must sound good" But NOPE.. it's just a logo.. and when you plug in a headphone, the Beats Audio "activates" but really it just tunes (saying this loosely) up the equalizer to make it a little bit louder.

I'm actually ashamed to have anything in association with Beats so I have a giant phone cover to mask it's resemblance.

Samsung Galaxy S4 will be my next phone purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back