New hookups?
Dec 21, 2010 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bbugs

New Head-Fier
So, I'm new this whole "audiophile" thing, but very intrested.  I found out my dad has an equalizer and some equipment.  I don't know what it is, but it makes the music sound great!  Haha.  Anyways, I have an extra computer, and wanted to set it up as a music computer.  Is there a way to hook up the equipment to my computer? It is already hooked up to a pair of Bose bookshelf speakers (Don't flame, I didn't buy them.).  Would I need special cables? 

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #2 of 3
If you want to hook up you computer to your speakers, you have two choices.  Either a digital connection to take the DAC process of the laptop and onto an outboard DAC, or use a analog cable and use the computer internal soundcard to provide the analog signal to the amp for the bose.  Digital cables can be USB, firewire, coaxial or optical.  Analog will most likely be a mini headphone jack, or a pair of RCA outs.  

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
So, I'm new this whole "audiophile" thing, but very intrested.  I found out my dad has an equalizer and some equipment.  I don't know what it is, but it makes the music sound great!  Haha.  Anyways, I have an extra computer, and wanted to set it up as a music computer.  Is there a way to hook up the equipment to my computer? It is already hooked up to a pair of Bose bookshelf speakers (Don't flame, I didn't buy them.).  Would I need special cables? 

This is all that matters my friend, this is all that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back