New hobby: Photography (56k warning).
Nov 21, 2004 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Hajime

1000+ Head-Fier
Well, I just got a new camera and I've been having fun playing with it. Here's a shot of my dog; KC. She's a long-haired dachshund and she's enjoying a nice bone.

KCchewweb.jpg

(Click here for hi-res)

Here's my Musical Fidelity a308 cd player:

musicalfidelityweb.jpg

(Click here for hi-res)

I'll take some more (better, hopefully) pictures later. Time for work.

Nov 22, 2004 at 3:14 AM Post #5 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hajime
Well, I just got a new camera and I've been having fun playing with it. Here's a shot of my dog; KC. She's a long-haired dachshund and she's enjoying a nice bone.

Aww, man! And you thought headphones were expensive. Great hobby. Have involved it in earning a living several times in the last 35 years and taught it at undergraduate, graduate, and law school levels without wrecking it as a recreation. Digital now for over a year; we would have killed for this stuff in the 70s. You are going to have some fun and start seeing things differently.

Nov 23, 2004 at 5:30 AM Post #11 of 35
oh, if you got a fairly responsive camera and a decent size of memory card and at least one or two extra batteries, trust me, you will be very trigger happy.
icon10.gif

thats what happened to me now...
when i was only with my older 2MP digicam, it was so slow, i didnt feel like taking pictures at all, until i got myself a better digicam and now ive been doing regular excursions to take pictures..

i confess since i got myself a new digicam, my online forum time is now split between headfi and a photography forum, and if you notice, i posted less lately and ive started to go outdoor on weekends to shoot some pics..
(a walk in the park was something that was so not me until i got a new digital camera...)
icon10.gif

Nov 23, 2004 at 5:45 AM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
i confess since i got myself a new digicam, my online forum time is now split between headfi and a photography forum, and if you notice, i posted less lately and ive started to go outdoor on weekends to shoot some pics..

It's funny how I wanted a digital camera just to post pictures of my stuff online :wink:

Nov 23, 2004 at 5:52 AM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
It's funny how I wanted a digital camera just to post pictures of my stuff online :wink:

hehe... actually when i was thinking to buy a new digicam, i wasnt planning to do outdoor excursions and all that...
i was just thinking, hell, my current cam that time was as slow as a crippled mule, and the macro was a joke (which wasnt funny at all), it wouldnt even focus anything less than 10cm...
i think its time for me to get a new camera..

and when i got a new one, it made me found a new hobby (or new way to lose your money, if i can say.
icon10.gif
)

PS: aurora: your old cam is a 10D ? bloody hell...
icon10.gif
you can get lots of headphones with that 200L lens alone...
tongue.gif

Nov 23, 2004 at 8:49 AM Post #15 of 35
Great pics, Hajime! I hope you enjoy your new hobby as much as I do. Beautiful dog, BTW.

I'm still drooling over the 20D. I have the Digital Rebel that a friend of mine wants to buy, but he's a cheap person, so I gotta wait till the holidays are over and tax return comes in to make up the huge difference. It's gonna be mine soon, I just hate the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back