New "high-end" headphone amp from Germany
Jul 14, 2004 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Chisum

Head-Fier
For your interest,

there is a new headphone amp (the manufacturer calls it "high-end"
rolleyes.gif
) available from the small german manufacturer Lehmann Audio.

It was reviewed in the 03/2004 issue of "Hifi & Records" magazine. They say:
"At first go Norbert Lehmann got a headphone amp going that belongs to the creme de la creme of this amplifier species and is the author's new personal favourite."

You can see details and specs (also in english language) of the amp on the manufacturers website. At least it looks quite nice...

http://www.lehmannaudio.de/

Cheers

Chisum

Jul 14, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 8
Jul 15, 2004 at 10:01 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by emelius
ya a simple search for "lehmann" beforehand woulda been a good move...

Yeah, actually. Sorry, but thanks for the links...

Seams that I still have to get used to the now-again-available search function. I was so long out of order, that I forgot that it even exists
3000smile.gif

Jul 15, 2004 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 8
Chisum: No worries - you've added a new piece of info, anyway.

And, actually, I already suspected you hadn't been aware of the resurrected search function at that moment - but I was too lazy to post a speculation on that.
wink.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jul 16, 2004 at 6:23 AM Post #7 of 8
Just on this Lehmann audio headphone amp. Nobody seems to yet have one for sale in Australia. Two stores in Sydney didn't have it, and the distributor in Canberra will be in touch with me.

So if you are in Australia and looking to hear one of these hang on for a bit. I'd welcome anyone's comments who has heard one.

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Jul 16, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #8 of 8
There is a review of the Black Cube Linear in the new issue of the german audio magazin STEREO.

The reviewers seem to like it quite a bit. From the review it seems to bee a quite dynamic and punchy amp with lots of detail.

The review also says, that it's quite good as a preamp.

Lukas

as a side note: There is also a review of two Stax systems in the newest STEREO. Namely the SRS-3010 and SRS-3020. They both came out equal, with the 3010 being more on the warm side and the 3020 having more detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back