*New* High End Gilmore Power Supply PCB Design
Dec 8, 2002 at 8:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

BoyElroy

500+ Head-Fier
To any and all interested Gilmore dynamic amp DIY'ers--

I'm posting the pcb artwork and component/composite diagrams of a "high-end" Gilmore psu I made recently for my amp. The new psu design uses discrete Schottky rectifiers and is made for a 6" x 9" board (I used the Injectorall 1 sided 6x9 copper clad board-Digikey # PC11-ND). There is enough space for up to six 10,000uF capacitors and/or any combination of values that will fit on the board. There is also enough space for large sized polypropelene capacitors both before the OPA548 and after.

As I mentioned above, the new design does away with rectifier bridges and now uses 8 discrete rectifiers in a full wave configuration. I left enough space for anyone who wants to use larger value Schottky rectifiers. You may also want to consider smaller value Schottky rectifiers in parallel to increase their current capacity. Please note that you will need a minimum of 8 rectifiers to complete the full wave rectifier array..

I also mounted the LM317/337's on "rails" in order to accomodate a variety of different size heat sinks. You can now move the LM317/337's back and forth about 2 to 2.5 inches to mount much larger heat sinks.

The downside to this approach is that the copper traces are a bit longer than necessary so if you know which heat sinks you're going to use, you may want to shorten the rails using Photoshop or some other editing program to modify the artwork.

Unfortunately, you still have to hard wire the +24 Vdc out to +24Vdc in. Please look at the master composite for more details.

Again, feel free to make any changes and/or improvements.

Gilmore Schottky PSU Bottom Artwork .PSD File 236K

Gilmore Schottky PSU Bottom Artwork .GIF File 36K

Gilmore Schottky PSU Component Diagram 28K

Gilmore Schottky PSU Composite Drawing 54K

Gilmore Schottky PSU Master Composite 113K

You can use the Bourns vertical 20K Ohm Multi-Turn Pot (Bourns Part# 3299Y-1-203, Mouser Part #652-3299Y-1-203) for the adjustment pots.

*Note* Please print out all bottom artwork at 6" x 9"

Gilmore%20019.jpg

Here's a picture of an earlier version of the board without on-board rectifiers (they were placed on another board) but it should give you a rough idea of what a finished PSU board looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back