new high end can released? - Ultrasone Edition7
Mar 13, 2006 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

iamsmrt

100+ Head-Fier
So I was scanning gizmodo.com today and tripped across this headphone related post...

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-...yle-160147.php

I was like damn! They want $3105 for them! Crazy, you're close to R10 territory at that point. Anyways, just thought I'd let you guys know, though I know nothing about ultrasone headphones personally. Apparently they're only making 999 of them.

Here's the official product link website:

http://www.edition7.com/

Anybody heard anything about these?

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 15
oh really? my bad... i tried to scan head-fi for any info but didn't come across any, sorry!

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #4 of 15
I think WMcmanus may have been the only one to take the hit for Head-fi on these. After massive burn-in he reported liking them but when I heard them they were certainly not worth the price tag.

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
I think WMcmanus may have been the only one to take the hit for Head-fi on these. After massive burn-in he reported liking them but when I heard them they were certainly not worth the price tag.

I think he had them recabled by Headphile as well.

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 15
did you do a search on Head-Fi? it's been mentioned in various threads since 2003.
wink.gif
it's also quite odd that Gizmodo.com has never heard of this for the past three years and thinks that it was just released.
biggrin.gif

wmcmanus had Headphile recable the headphone, which apparently improved his impressions about the headphone, but he's sold it a while back so I guess he didn't really like it that much.
tongue.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
Those are, without a doubt, the ugliest $3000 headphones.

I dont know if I'd call them ugly, but they look very very cheap. I actually think my HFi-550 look like they would cost more.

Mar 18, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
Those are, without a doubt, the ugliest $3000 headphones.

seconded

Mar 18, 2006 at 6:42 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by gajira
In Japan,The edition7 has a very high reputation.
Many Japanese loves edition7's full body sound.
I think it is worth to try.

The difference of opinion regarding the likes of the Edition7 and DX1000 has always facinated me.

I'd love to hear more about the sound preferences of the Japanese audiophile community.

Mar 18, 2006 at 9:18 AM Post #12 of 15
Alienware was offering these with their ALX line of PCs for a while, it seems that they are cutting the higher end products from their line of accessories and hardware though, they probably weren't selling.

Mar 18, 2006 at 9:25 AM Post #13 of 15
i was not impressed with the proline 750, so i wouldn't take a chance on those things.

Mar 18, 2006 at 2:44 PM Post #15 of 15
From what I see on their website, it looks like they spent more time designing the looks of the headphones than they did tweaking the sound. There is little mention of how good they sound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
Alienware was offering these with their ALX line of PCs for a while, it seems that they are cutting the higher end products from their line of accessories and hardware though, they probably weren't selling.

Uhh.. VoodooPC have a 24k gold plated computer w/ a starting price of $14300. Now that is what I call excessive. I doubt those will sell either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back